Electric Start Problems?

the battery is like 4 months old only. ive done all the tests possible on it and it passed easily.
also, i tested the starter motor and all it did was spark, not turn over or make any noise. in my opinion, i think its pretty clear its the starter after all that and after all the tests.

You said you just rebuilt the engine? Did you use a high comp piston? It could be your making to much compression for a stock starter.

You need to "load" test the battery. Maybe a better battery.
yea he's right need to load test. then you know what shape the battery is in. if you don't have access to battery tester a place like napa or auto zone would probably do it for free.if its ok then suspect bad starter or bad connection. stick to the basics and don't guess.

yea i saw your previous post just after i sent that one. if you want to tackle it i'm sure you can get a rebuild kit for the starter if thats what it needs and do it your self. I always figured if you don't know how to do it then today is your lucky day to learn how. and if you get lost there is always youtube.

if the battery is good and you have a signal to starter from the solenoid then all you have left is the connections and the motor itself. actually the best way to test is do voltage drop test. you need everything installed and then when cranking check with volt meter from battery + to solenoid + and then from that post to starter + and you should have less than .5 volts showing at any point. if you have more then you have a connection issue,if that checks good then go from battery - to frame and you should have .3 v or less. if the test passes and you have battery voltage to starter from the solenoid then the starter is bad.

Well I also checked my starter relay with the battery connected and everything in and gave me the correct reading. Measured the ohm resistance. So it more than likely is the starter motor itself.

probably, but I almost never rely on resistance readings. you need to test circuit under normal load conditions. but from what i've heard a starter would not be a bad guess. shoot ,if is something else you will have a spare starter and we know you'll use it at some point anyways.

if the armature bushings are worn then the brushes will make good contact at one point of the rotation and not so much at the other. sometimes on a no start you can tap the starter while cranking and just this will move the armature just enough to get it going. but at some point even this won't work and it's done.