Do any of you Paint Ball?

Over the weekend part of my sons 11th B-day party he wanted to take a few of his friends and cousins to this paint ball place. It was an indoor place so the weather was not a factor although it was nice enough to play outside. Any way this was my first time playing and was kind of nervous about getting shot since I have heard that those things sting like a mofo. I wore my chest protector :smirk: but forgot my gloves. You need gloves. I got shot in the nuckle and I was like:foul: Let me tell you though, that was some fun chit. I bet it would be alot more fun in a woods/outdoor environment tho. If you have never tried it, I highly suggest you do. :thumb: I had a great time and I plan on doing some more.

well, i have a paintball gun...though i'v only used it once just shootin random stuff (no people), i think it would be great fun...BRING PAINTBALL GUNS TO THE EAST DAY RIDE, YOU BETTER DEFEND YOURSELF...ILL SHOOT YA :lol: j/k

James

Staff member
I've always had one growing up but never really used it. :noidea:

I do know though that Pr1malr8ge was a big paint baller a few years ago.

SRAD97750

Staff member
I played paintball in southern california leagues from 2003-2005.
Pretty fun. I was in the Inland Empire Semi-auto class 2. (teens, no auto, no pump).
Rocked an old Kingman Spyder TL with a single trigger.
Still have that old gun with a 16" red aluminum barrel.
I'll never do it again, but the memories are forever. -BIG DAN:thumb:

EDIT- Shooting or attempting to shoot a person operating a motor vehicle is a FELONY.

I played paintball in southern california leagues from 2003-2005.
Pretty fun. I was in the Semi-auto class 2. (teens, no auto, no pump).
Rocked an old Kingman Spyder TL with a single trigger.
Still have that old gun with a red aluminum barrel.
I'll never do it again, but the memories are forever. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Damn Dan, you was into it,,yeah I don't know that I would get into that level of it but maybe a cheap gun from Craigslist and go a few times year.

SRAD97750

Staff member
These leagues were all in fun. You won a trophy if your team was best. Its reminded me alot of little league baseball...

Damn Dan, you was into it,,yeah I don't know that I would get into that level of it but maybe a cheap gun from Craigslist and go a few times year.

cheap guns are not only a c-list find...guns at walmart are like $120....i got a semi-auto gun for that...cant remember the brand, i think its like JT or something.

a bit off topic: my gun came with a barrel plug...its now used as a wash plug for my screaming metal/plastic death trap aka Suzuki RM

Used to be all high tech into that shit with a bunch of ex-military buddies. We would play at night time on an old abandoned golf course with laser sights and NV goggles. It was a little over the top but lots of fun regarless. Yes, they hurt especially if your not playing at a regulated place. You they have a standard FPS that the gun must shoot below for safety reasons. When you have your own you can crank that bad boy up and let em rip. The is mulitple layers of clothing or the chest protector and full face sheild. Believe me nothing hurts worse than getting a paintball in the lip or tip of ear.

Quit the paintball thing and switched to airsoft. Much Much cheaper and hell of a lot more mobile.

Paintball was fun... but cost allot to play... I had the most common mid grade gun, tippman 98...

Then I switched to higher end airsoft... man, those things hurt compared to 280-310fps paitballs.... I thought people were crazy who just wore glasses, as I always wore a mask.... i got out of it though as people kept making their guns bigger and better, to a point where skill wasn't really involved... 600fps snipers and 400 fps aeg's shooting 30rps was not my thing, as I was running a 330fps aeg at about 20rps, which was overkill to begin with...

The newest marker I (still) have is a Spyder Compact that I got around 1997. I got a 14" Dye barrel and venturi bolt for it shortly thereafter. I haven't really played since ~ '00. I lusted after the Automags and Autocockers, but eventually realized that the marker does not make the player. Now I want an old pump with a really long barrel. :thinking: My Sheridan PGPs are getting a bit tired...

I used to play every once in a while. We still got all the stuff, but we just haven't been out again yet. My gun is a Spyder VS1, electric semi-auto with or without eyes, and 3-shot burst. I play with my family every once in awhile in our backwoods. It's a heck of a lot of fun! Especially in the woods.

I have to say, it don't really hurt that bad (we play in t-shirts and jeans), but the time it hurts the most is getting shot in the ass! I got shot in the ass and that is way more painful than getting shot in the knuckle! Guess it hurts more in the fatty areas. :thinking:

Oh and cranking up the velocity on your gun without the others knowing...that shit aint cool. :devil::naughty:

It has been over a year for us. We play jungle ball on a small island in the river. There is also a old abandon slaughter house that is two stories that has lots of places to ambush the outside team as they try and come inside swat style. That is scary it is all close range shooting and it hurts like hell:foul:
I can not remember what gun, I have all I know is it is modded After three fast shots it goes into full auto mode and will shoot ropes,Just don't tell my kids:smirk:. wimps wear vest:P gloves and mask are a must!!

I did most of my playing in juniper woodlands around the A.V. We never chronographed any of our markers; they were all turned up as far as the paint would handle. Foolish and dangerous, I know. :naughty: Breaking the skin should have made it obvious. :shocked:

Here's the old paintslinger:
c0ae6f1d.jpg

No agitator, no double trigger, no bottomline, no beavertail, no electronic select-fire sear/grip, no frills. That stainless barrel is heavy as Hell and made my marker easier to spot, too. Next time I'll get black anodized aluminum. I was thinking about an Armson "rifled" barrel, but hear that the accuracy comes with a loud report.

SRAD97750

Staff member
I was using a red rifled barrel from Kingman. At 16" I had to upgrade the spring (red to grn) to maintain 315fps. The added CO2 usage makes a bigger pop. The report and color of barrel was a dead giveaway, as far as location. But accuracy was unmatched.
-BIG DAN:thumb: