Dirt Bike Oil Analysis

Many people do these test that run diesels or fleet vehicles. To get the most bang for buck out of there oil changes.

And then i guess it comes to to personal opinion. A little waisted money will make you sleep better at night. I know it does me :D I run the most loved and hated oil on the market in my truck and boat :lol:

James

Staff member
James the question is what are you going to do with the info when you get it back? Are you going to change oil brand? change riding habits? Change time between oil changes? If the answer is no to any of the above I think you are wasting your time.
This. If the oil still has many hours left and there isn't an abnormal amount of particles/shavings in the oil, double the hours would cut the oil cost in half.

Plus this would be good fodder to use against the "don't use Rotella T oil" argument.
Unless of course your the nerdy friend that likes to know stupid shit that none of the other guys care about.
That would be me. :thumb: Just because other guys don't care about it doesn't necessarily make it 'stupid shit'.

P.S. this test costs $25, not really an Earth shattering amount... :rolleyes:

waste of about 150 dollars.

USed to be you bought a new bike and took it all apart to make sure it was all greased then broke it in and rode for 2 hours and then took it all apart, disassembled the motor and looked for abnormal wear... If wear was abnormal you returned it to the dealership where it was warrantied... except they gave you a whole new bike... now I think they give you 30 days on MXers and 6 months on trail bikes... correct anyone?

USed to be you bought a new bike and took it all apart to make sure it was all greased then broke it in and rode for 2 hours and then took it all apart, disassembled the motor and looked for abnormal wear... If wear was abnormal you returned it to the dealership where it was warrantied... except they gave you a whole new bike... now I think they give you 30 days on MXers and 6 months on trail bikes... correct anyone?
bet my motor that gets a new piston every 50 hours will last just as long as someone who rides similar to me that replaces it every 15 hours.
oil change every 6 hours, air filter every ride, valve check every 10 hours, piston every 50 hours, linkage, steering, and swingarm grease every 20 hours and suspension oil every 20 hours.

but yes, you get 30 days on mx bikes

bet my motor that gets a new piston every 50 hours will last just as long as someone who rides similar to me that replaces it every 15 hours.
oil change every 6 hours, air filter every ride, valve check every 10 hours, piston every 50 hours, linkage, steering, and swingarm grease every 20 hours and suspension oil every 20 hours.

but yes, you get 30 days on mx bikes

So you'll do everything else to spec except the piston???