Crow Canyon DBA East Ride

Here is my take on the :ride:

We get to Crow Canyon around 12:30 and meet up with M33, his boy Luke, Hawk and his dad Art.

Set up camp
View attachment 3277
View attachment 3276

We gear up and hit the small track then the big track

My son Clay aka short shift :lol:
View attachment 3279
View attachment 3280

Clay and Hawk
View attachment 3281

M33 and Luke aka Hollywood (explain this in a bit)
View attachment 3282
View attachment 3283

We stayed mainly on the Tracks the first day with a few hills climbs at the end of the day.

The next day we all signed up for the MX school that Brock Sellards held. The classes where free but ask for a donation to help a family that just lost their son. I think they said it raised a $1000.00 :clap:

We spent most of the day in the class so I have no pics from that.

At the end of the day I was coming off the track went I saw YD, Jmach and buck busting past, heading out on a trail ride. So I gave chase and caught up with them on a hill climb. We then headed into some trails and somehow I ended up leading. I came up this downed tree and tried hopping it...Jmach got the tree nap on vid some where. :crash: :foul:

At the end of the day we just hung with the gang, buck had to leave early so didn't get to hang out to much with him.
View attachment 3287
View attachment 3285
View attachment 3284
View attachment 3288

This kid is always smiling :smirk: Life is good huh Ray!!:thumb:

View attachment 3286

YD handing out the NO TOIL stuff....Thanks NO TOIL guy :banana:
View attachment 3291

So later in the day the ridin was over it was time to get our grub on,, M33 cooked up some Snauges and peppers and I grilled out some Deer steaks YUMMY!!!

View attachment 3290

So the Sunday came, I spent about half the time on the track and the other half getting my azz handed to me by Jmach. (kid can ride!!) I had a terrible time mis-shifting, killing the bike and dropping it etc, felt like my very first time on a bike :bonk:

It was pretty hot and sunny too,

Here is Hollywood catching some rays :smirk:
View attachment 3289

and here are HW and short shift soaking up the A/C getting some DBA'n in at the same time.
View attachment 3294

some Taggin took place:devil:
View attachment 3295
View attachment 3296

So Sunday night came and M33 broke out the pwer washer and we cleaned up all of bikes. Nutting like coming home and being able to put the bikes away. Thanks Mih:thumb:

This one belongs in a Mag :smirk:
View attachment 3300

These put me in mind of another DBA'er :smirk:
View attachment 3298
View attachment 3299

Awesome pics :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Need to move some Roost around before I can hit you :picard:

Here is my take on the :ride:

We get to Crow Canyon around 12:30 on friday and meet up with M33, his boy Luke, Hawk and his dad Art.

Set up camp
View attachment 3277
View attachment 3276

We gear up and hit the small track then the big track

My son Clay aka short shift :lol:
View attachment 3279
View attachment 3280

Clay and Hawk
View attachment 3281

M33 and Luke aka Hollywood (explain this in a bit)
View attachment 3282
View attachment 3283

We stayed mainly on the Tracks the first day with a few hills climbs at the end of the day.

The next day we all signed up for the MX school that Brock Sellards held. The classes where free but ask for a donation to help a family that just lost their son. I think they said it raised a $1000.00 :clap:

We spent most of the day in the class so I have no pics from that.

At the end of the day I was coming off the track went I saw YD, Jmach and buck busting past, heading out on a trail ride. So I gave chase and caught up with them on a hill climb. We then headed into some trails and somehow I ended up leading. I came up this downed tree and tried hopping it...Jmach got the tree nap on vid some where. :crash: :foul:

At the end of the day we just hung with the gang, buck had to leave early so didn't get to hang out to much with him.
View attachment 3287
View attachment 3285
View attachment 3284
View attachment 3288

This kid is always smiling :smirk: Life is good huh Ray!!:thumb:

View attachment 3286

YD handing out the NO TOIL stuff....Thanks NO TOIL guy :banana:
View attachment 3291

So later in the day the ridin was over it was time to get our grub on,, M33 cooked up some Snauges and peppers and I grilled out some Deer steaks YUMMY!!!

View attachment 3290

So the Sunday came, I spent about half the time on the track and the other half getting my azz handed to me by Jmach. (kid can ride!!) I had a terrible time mis-shifting, killing the bike and dropping it etc, felt like my very first time on a bike :bonk:

It was pretty hot and sunny too,

Here is Hollywood catching some rays :smirk:
View attachment 3289

and here are HW and short shift soaking up the A/C getting some DBA'n in at the same time.
View attachment 3294

some Taggin took place:devil:
View attachment 3295
View attachment 3296

So Sunday night came and M33 broke out the power washer and we cleaned up all of bikes. Nutting like coming home and being able to put the bikes away. Thanks Mih:thumb:

This one belongs in a Mag :smirk:
View attachment 3300

These put me in mind of another DBA'er :smirk:
View attachment 3298
View attachment 3299

So at the end of a long weekend, I say a great time was had by all and we said out good bye's and headed home.
Jax409, shortshift, M33 and Hollywood were the last ones leave on Monday morning.
View attachment 3301
View attachment 3302

Oh, and I had a tire blowout on my camper an hour from home :foul:
:thumb: Roosts for you Jax. Nice report. Looks like my online class I offered paid off..:smirk:

James

Staff member
Awesome pictures Jax :thumb: You're right, Ray is always smiling (which is a good thing) :lol:

Come on where are these videos at? :foul: :smirk:

Looks like a great time was had by all......NICE cooks hat BTW :thumb:...as for the inference of "reminding you of another dba'r..." makes ya kinda wonder don't it CDA??? :devil:

Awesome pictures Jax :thumb: You're right, Ray is always smiling (which is a good thing) :lol:

Come on where are these videos at? :foul: :smirk:

Thanks and Sorry, the vids are top secrete, they can't not be viewed by non Crow Canyon riders :P

:thumb: Roosts for you Jax. Nice report. Looks like my online class I offered paid off..:smirk:

You like that rag polishing, bike on the stand, lawn chair never too far away action? Really, I didn't ride at all. My bike never left the stand :smirk:

Looks like a great time was had by all......NICE cooks hat BTW :thumb:...as for the inference of "reminding you of another dba'r..." makes ya kinda wonder don't it CDA??? :devil:

:devil: I won't say who I was referencing just to keep the innocent protected.

Crow Canyon 5-28-11:

I was only able to ride Crow Canyon on Saturday, as I had a group coming to my cabin Sunday morning with actual bikes (not quads!) to go riding.

I got there later than I wanted to at around 10am, and missed the sign-up for the track ride. Everyone except Ydog and JeremyM went to the track, so we geared up and hit the trails. This was my first ride of the season, so I told Jeremy to take it easy on me for the first half hour. He was the one who said he knew the trails. He said, "OK!" He lied!

Everything that had sunshine on it was fine. Not dusty, and not wet. There weren't many spots like this! The rest of the trails were in the woods and were an absolute labyrinth of paths going every which way. Every spot that was level was a quagmire of mud and nasty smelling water. Every other spot was a challenging up or down hill that was wet, snotty, and slippery. Some had ruts deep enough to catch your pegs. Within 20 minutes, I went down a hill into a ravine and had the bike buried in cement like mud up to the top of the rotors! I prayed, did the wild wheel spinning, duck paddling with the feet thing, and actually got through it with only 62 lbs of stinky mud added to my bike and gear! It was hard to take pics on these trails since most of the time you were trying to keep you bike pointed the way you wanted it even though the trail wanted to send it a different way. I wanted to take pics of the half dozen dirt naps Ydog and Jeremy took in the first half hour, but they were too fast getting back up before I could get my camera out! :foul: To be fair, they were just slide outs and tip overs on the hills and on the slippery stuff. :smirk: I only saw a couple of quads on the trails and only a handful of other bikes all day! It was like we had the trails to ourselves! :ride:

Here is the camp at the top the hill overlooking the track
Crow Canyon 52811 019.jpg

Ydog
Crow Canyon 52811 007.jpg

Me
Crow Canyon 52811 014.jpg

Jeremy
Crow Canyon 52811 006.jpg

Jeremy was supposed to do the Go-Pro camera work, and I took the pics. You can see the water tower where we were camped in the background. Very GREEN and nice place!
Crow Canyon 52811 015.jpg

This stuff dried like concrete on your bike and gear!
Crow Canyon 52811 001.jpg

We were the only three not taking the MX school
Crow Canyon 52811 002.jpg

+ Jackson
Crow Canyon 52811 018.jpg

+ Nighthawk
Crow Canyon 52811 016.jpg

I caught a tree back sliding down a failed attempt on a snot covered rutty hill. It ripped the side plate right off the bolts. Since nobody was in camp at the time and I could not find a fender washer to hold it on, I McGyver'd this fix with a pocketknife and a Pepsi bottle cap. It held all weekend! :thumb:
Crow Canyon 52811 017.jpg

Jeremy was fouling plugs and then had fuel problems. Ydog towed him in from the trails with a tie down strap.
Crow Canyon 52811 021.jpg

I was surprised at how well the young guys, Jeremy and Ydog rode! They did a great job. Ydog had only ever ridden track before, but handled the greasy woods trails very well!

I wish I could have rode Sunday as well! It was low 80's on Saturday, sunny and nice with a breeze. Sunday, at least at my cabin 25 minutes away, got hot. Upper 80's, low 90's. Monday was an inferno. Mid 90's, no breeze. Temp said 99 when I left for home at 3:30 that afternoon.

Kudos to Ydogs parents who lent me some shade, a comfy chair, lunch, and a beverage! Nice people! Thanks to M33, Ydog, and all others for putting it together, and for the cool Silkolene and No Toil swag I scored. :thumb:

We should make it an annual :ride: event!

PS... Nighthawk...I did NOT tag THAT particular sign you showed with a DBA sticker!
Crow Canyon 52811 022.jpg
Crow Canyon 52811 023.jpg
:devil:

Crow Canyon 5-28-11:

I was only able to ride Crow Canyon on Saturday, as I had a group coming to my cabin Sunday morning with actual bikes (not quads!) to go riding.

I got there later than I wanted to at around 10am, and missed the sign-up for the track ride. Everyone except Ydog and JeremyM went to the track, so we geared up and hit the trails. This was my first ride of the season, so I told Jeremy to take it easy on me for the first half hour. He was the one who said he knew the trails. He said, "OK!" He lied!

Everything that had sunshine on it was fine. Not dusty, and not wet. There weren't many spots like this! The rest of the trails were in the woods and were an absolute labyrinth of paths going every which way. Every spot that was level was a quagmire of mud and nasty smelling water. Every other spot was a challenging up or down hill that was wet, snotty, and slippery. Some had ruts deep enough to catch your pegs. Within 20 minutes, I went down a hill into a ravine and had the bike buried in cement like mud up to the top of the rotors! I prayed, did the wild wheel spinning, duck paddling with the feet thing, and actually got through it with only 62 lbs of stinky mud added to my bike and gear! It was hard to take pics on these trails since most of the time you were trying to keep you bike pointed the way you wanted it even though the trail wanted to send it a different way. I wanted to take pics of the half dozen dirt naps Ydog and Jeremy took in the first half hour, but they were too fast getting back up before I could get my camera out! :foul: To be fair, they were just slide outs and tip overs on the hills and on the slippery stuff. :smirk: I only saw a couple of quads on the trails and only a handful of other bikes all day! It was like we had the trails to ourselves! :ride:

Here is the camp at the top the hill overlooking the track
View attachment 3323

Ydog
View attachment 3324

Me
View attachment 3325

Jeremy
View attachment 3326

Jeremy was supposed to do the Go-Pro camera work, and I took the pics. You can see the water tower where we were camped in the background. Very GREEN and nice place!
View attachment 3327

This stuff dried like concrete on your bike and gear!
View attachment 3328

We were the only three not taking the MX school
View attachment 3329

+ Jackson
View attachment 3330

+ Nighthawk
View attachment 3332

I caught a tree back sliding down a failed attempt on a snot covered rutty hill. It ripped the side plate right off the bolts. Since nobody was in camp at the time and I could not find a fender washer to hold it on, I McGyver'd this fix with a pocketknife and a Pepsi bottle cap. It held all weekend! :thumb:
View attachment 3333

Jeremy was fouling plugs and then had fuel problems. Ydog towed him in from the trails with a tie down strap.
View attachment 3334

I was surprised at how well the young guys, Jeremy and Ydog rode! They did a great job. Ydog had only ever ridden track before, but handled the greasy woods trails very well!

I wish I could have rode Sunday as well! It was low 80's on Saturday, sunny and nice with a breeze. Sunday, at least at my cabin 25 minutes away, got hot. Upper 80's, low 90's. Monday was an inferno. Mid 90's, no breeze. Temp said 99 when I left for home at 3:30 that afternoon.

Kudos to Ydogs parents who lent me some shade, a comfy chair, lunch, and a beverage! Nice people! Thanks to M33, Ydog, and all others for putting it together, and for the cool Silkolene and No Toil swag I scored. :thumb:

We should make it an annual :ride: event!

PS... Nighthawk...I did NOT tag THAT sign you showed with a DBA sticker!
View attachment 3335
View attachment 3336
:devil:

I don't know who tagged that sign he posted either :devil:

:smirk:

:thumb: That was the all time best ride in my life. I really enjoyed it, it was awesome meeting you all. I wish I could have said bye to everyone for we took off but it was too damn hot on Sunday. It was 88*F and humid at 5 o'clock.

I can honestly say, I have serious respect for you trail riders after some of that stuff last weekend. There was stuff there I'd never do as long as I live. :shocked:

Again, thanks for all the silkolene stuff Mike, that plastic coat stuff made my bike have the factory shine!

I can't wait till next year already, oh and nice taggin boys :thumb: We will be back in a few weeks to see whats still there

ok, u guys ready for the video, i had a super super great time, thanks everybody for the delicious food, jackson for the sleeping arrangement, and most of all dogyz and his parents for lettin me come back to there house and feeding me, knee is lookin good brian:smirk:
wierd thing was i fouled 2 plugs on saturday when it was not as hot, sunday it was 90+ and i didnt foul any plugs, wtf

Great reports everyone! :thumb:

ok, u guys ready for the video, i had a super super great time, thanks everybody for the delicious food, jackson for the sleeping arrangement, and most of all dogyz and his parents for lettin me come back to there house and feeding me, knee is lookin good brian:smirk:
wierd thing was i fouled 2 plugs on saturday when it was not as hot, sunday it was 90+ and i didnt foul any plugs, wtf

Great riding Jmach! You're pretty damn good at those hillclimbs.:thumb:

I only have this little vid of my boy going around the peewee track. Funny thing is the first two days we were there the boys was running it backwards. Some guy was like why are they going backwards :noidea: ain't like they have direction arrows and the jumps aren't faced either.