Crow Canyon DBA East Ride

First off I'd like to thank Mihylo33 for cramming that extra bike into the back of his truck for my dad and I'd like to thank Jackson409 for bringing his wife's YZ85 for me to ride with out these two awesome guys I wouldn't be bringing you this ride report.:hug: :thumb:
Sign conveniently tagged by Buckrun ::thumb:
Crow_sign.jpg
-Friday
My dad and I arrived around 10:30, Mihylo was already there with his son Hollywoodkid, they were just starting to set up his camper when we arrived. So, we helped him finish. Around 11:30 Jax and his son arrived he got his camper all set up and we started unloading the bikes.
I got my dad going on Mihylo's TTR125L, and I got Jax's YZ85 warming up. Everyone else warmed up their bikes, suited up, then hit the peewee track to warm up their bikes. after the peewee track, we headed over to the big motocross track, which was rather muddy because it kept raining on and off.
After the track we all decided to head out to the trails, we found out quickly that only the most open areas were dry, in the woods there were puddles ranging anywhere from a couple inches deep to over a foot deep. So, staying out on the trails did not last long. But, before the ride time was over we all decided that we were gonna try to find this crazy looking hill climb that we could see from our camp.
(I have no pics from the first day)
-Saturday
The free MX class was today, Everyone who was there Friday minus my dad signed up for it it went 9-4. There were 3 instructors including arenacross rider Brock Sellards. They divided the 40 or so people that signed up into 3 groups beginner, intermediate and experienced. Hollywoodkid, ShortShift and I all went into the beginner group, Mihylo and Jax went into the intermediate group.
IMG_0284.jpg
IMG_0285.jpg
The beginner group worked on body position, corners, picking good lines, and starts,
IMG_0288.jpg
IMG_0286.jpg
IMG_0280.jpg
IMG_0340.jpg
IMG_0311.jpg
IMG_0310.jpg
IMG_0293.jpg
IMG_0386.jpg

The bird walking off the track after breaking a clutch perch
IMG_0296.jpg

yamadogyz and jeremymach2015 showed up at 9:45 so they missed the sign up time by 45 minutes.
Buckrun showed up around 10 and contrary to popular belief buck is a FAIRLY normal guy :lol:
Since they all missed sign up for the MX class they went out trail riding, Jeremy has vids.
Once the MX class was over Jer, JYD, my dad and I went trail riding, after a little while Jer and JYD peeled off and went to the track.
My dad and I continued trailing riding. We go seperated and my dad turned down the wrong trail and ended up in the back 40 of the property on Mihylo's TTR. So, the man hunt began, we had most of the guys that were there out searching for him, JYD even had the CC workers out searching for my dad. After an hour of searching and asking people, the workers were able to find way out on the trails with another guy, both were having trouble getting their bikes started.
Saturday night was fantastic, Chef Mihylo and deer aficionado Jax made dinner for us all. Mihylo made some sweet italian sausage meal and jax grilled up some marinated deer steaks :drool: Both were delicious
-Sunday
Sunday Morning i started riding about 10:30 I rode for about 20 minute and was reminded by my dad that I needed to go sign in for the day, so I went and got my peewee track and trail wrist band, came back and got back on the track going the opposite direction. I didn't even make 1 full lap and had a gnarly crash.
Watch at 23 seconds in the vid here and you will see what i crashed into.
knee right after the Accident
252041_2106560789996_1424826608_2434969_100095_n.j  pg

Knee after being sewn up
248587_2108981010500_1424826608_2439316_3031916_n.  jpg

After it got sewn up the doctor was still worried because I was still feeling pain after being injected with lidocaine, so I had to get an X-ray, Turned out i have 2 hairline fractures on my patella

I'll try to get X-rays up soon

Hopefully the other guys will be able to fill you in on the gaps (missing pics and vids) and the rest of Sunday, I had to sit out, then left early to get my wound sewn up.

But in the end Everyone had a good time.
I'd like to thank Mihylo and Yamadogyz for really being the key planners of this trip and I'd like to thank the NoToil guy for hooking us up with all of the free stuff :thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_0300.jpg
    IMG_0300.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 112

SRAD97750

Staff member
SWEET. Glad you got it sewn up and x-rayed. Nice report. Sounds like an awesome time on the EAST SIDE. -BIG DAN:thumb:

James

Staff member
Looks like you guys had a great time, I'm still waiting on the videos from the main track though. :P

Buckrun showed up around 10 and contrary to popular belief buck is a FAIRLY normal guy :lol:
:thumb: Most of us did suspect that. :lol::P
*cough cough*
dont forget Silkolene, HJC helmets, Thor, and RRP for throwing us the goodies.......
*cough cough cough*
Aren't you forgetting GoPro?

Nice report. Looks like a fun time. Glad you see all you Easter Coasters getting together. Looks like you had a little of everything to ride and eat. That knee:shocked: was that with knee guards on?

And swag too?:thinking:that just may be worth a drive from a West Coast

Sweet. Looks like a awesome weekend. :thumb:

*cough cough cough*
Aren't you forgetting GoPro?

So James, why didn't we get all that kind of swag last year on Turkey Day? Winning a GoPro would of almost made up, for freezing my ass off in that @#%&* tent. :smirk:

Here is my take on the :ride:

We get to Crow Canyon around 12:30 on friday and meet up with M33, his boy Luke, Hawk and his dad Art.

Set up camp
DSCF2666.JPG
DSCF2673.JPG

We gear up and hit the small track then the big track

My son Clay aka short shift :lol:
DSCF2669.JPG
DSCF2671.JPG

Clay and Hawk
DSCF2687.JPG

M33 and Luke aka Hollywood (explain this in a bit)
DSCF2683.JPG
DSCF2682.JPG

We stayed mainly on the Tracks the first day with a few hills climbs at the end of the day.

The next day we all signed up for the MX school that Brock Sellards held. The classes where free but ask for a donation to help a family that just lost their son. I think they said it raised a $1000.00 :clap:

We spent most of the day in the class so I have no pics from that.

At the end of the day I was coming off the track went I saw YD, Jmach and buck busting past, heading out on a trail ride. So I gave chase and caught up with them on a hill climb. We then headed into some trails and somehow I ended up leading. I came up this downed tree and tried hopping it...Jmach got the tree nap on vid some where. :crash: :foul:

At the end of the day we just hung with the gang, buck had to leave early so didn't get to hang out to much with him.
DSCF2692.JPG
DSCF2698.JPG
DSCF2697.JPG
DSCF2700.JPG

This kid is always smiling :smirk: Life is good huh Ray!!:thumb:

DSCF2703.JPG

YD handing out the NO TOIL stuff....Thanks NO TOIL guy :banana:
DSCF2694.JPG

So later in the day the ridin was over it was time to get our grub on,, M33 cooked up some Snauges and peppers and I grilled out some Deer steaks YUMMY!!!

DSCF2699.JPG

So the Sunday came, I spent about half the time on the track and the other half getting my azz handed to me by Jmach. (kid can ride!!) I had a terrible time mis-shifting, killing the bike and dropping it etc, felt like my very first time on a bike :bonk:

It was pretty hot and sunny too,

Here is Hollywood catching some rays :smirk:
DSCF2696.JPG

and here are HW and short shift soaking up the A/C getting some DBA'n in at the same time.
DSCF2715.JPG

some Taggin took place:devil:
DSCF2695.JPG
DSCF2750.JPG

So Sunday night came and M33 broke out the power washer and we cleaned up all of bikes. Nutting like coming home and being able to put the bikes away. Thanks Mih:thumb:

This one belongs in a Mag :smirk:
DSCF2741.JPG

These put me in mind of another DBA'er :smirk:
DSCF2742.JPG
DSCF2745.JPG

So at the end of a long weekend, I say a great time was had by all and we said out good bye's and headed home.
Jax409, shortshift, M33 and Hollywood were the last ones leave on Monday morning.
DSCF2749.JPG
DSCF2748.JPG

Oh, and I had a tire blowout on my camper an hour from home :foul:

Attachments

• DSCF2752.JPG
    DSCF2752.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 70