Pro Could a 125 Clear Larocco's Leap?

Have you seen those PC Kawi's? :shocked: I think it'd be near impossible to get a 125 to that level without increasing the CC's. I've been told that those bikes are pretty close to a stock 450.

Oh and if he hadn't cleared it every time I don't think he would've tried again. :P
I'm pretty sure your right James my bike is the same thing as a Kawi as you know my mechanic raced rmz250s he told me if I wanted he could make my bike as fast as a 450 stock

James

Staff member
I'm pretty sure your right James my bike is the same thing as a Kawi as you know my mechanic raced rmz250s he told me if I wanted he could make my bike as fast as a 450 stock
You have an 04-05 RMZ? Those are nothing compared to the latest bikes. Heck my 05 had a big bore in it and my 08 pulls harder. :bonk: Imagine what the latest EFI bikes are like. :ride:

You have an 04-05 RMZ? Those are nothing compared to the latest bikes. Heck my 05 had a big bore in it and my 08 pulls harder. :bonk: Imagine what the latest EFI bikes are like. :ride:

You really think those bikes 250's or 450's are actually that displacement. I have a pretty good suspicion that ole mike Alessi's zuk has a couple more CC'S in it than what it did from the factory.

Also I heard the pc bikes are the same way. It would be interesting to see what would happen if a 3 digit privateer had the money and the balls to protest all the top bikes in the class. I garauntee there would be new faces on the box if that happened because there would be a lot of DQ's

You really think those bikes 250's or 450's are actually that displacement. I have a pretty good suspicion that ole mike Alessi's zuk has a couple more CC'S in it than what it did from the factory.

Also I heard the pc bikes are the same way. It would be interesting to see what would happen if a 3 digit privateer had the money and the balls to protest all the top bikes in the class. I garauntee there would be new faces on the box if that happened because there would be a lot of DQ's
Those bikes are meticulously looked over. PC wouldn't risk their company on a few cc's

Meticulously looked over by who? All the big teams get their motors from the engine shop race them. Then after the race they pull them and send them to the engine shop again. They are meticulously checked for sound and that's about it. Nobody would protest at the pro level. And everybody knows that. You are foolish to think they are playing by the rules.

Pro circuit was building motors for the geico team last year. This year they went under the yoshimura tent for motors because that is who tunes factory Hondas stuff, and I believe last weekend geico had all 5 of their riders in the top six at the start. But maybe I should go put my tin foil hat on..

Sorry if I say anything that someoe already said. (I did't read the whole thred, I know I am lazy)
Mike Larocco did the leap on a 125:prof: (but the jump wasnt nearly as big at the time)
and if bagget can baraly clear it on a PC 250f, then a 125 cant do it. There is just no rider in the world who is fast enough to nail the turn before so good that he can clear it.
btw how big is the double for the leap? is it a feat to clear that too? have you done it James?

Meticulously looked over by who? All the big teams get their motors from the engine shop race them. Then after the race they pull them and send them to the engine shop again. They are meticulously checked for sound and that's about it. Nobody would protest at the pro level. And everybody knows that. You are foolish to think they are playing by the rules.

Pro circuit was building motors for the geico team last year. This year they went under the yoshimura tent for motors because that is who tunes factory Hondas stuff, and I believe last weekend geico had all 5 of their riders in the top six at the start. But maybe I should go put my tin foil hat on..
:tinfoil:

If there is any serious question, the AMA can and will impound the bike and do a teardown to verify the displacement. Pretty much every type of racing that limits displacement has this type of rule.

If there is any serious question, the AMA can and will impound the bike and do a teardown to verify the displacement. Pretty much every type of racing that limits displacement has this type of rule.

Yes I know this. But it usually cost money to protest. Like 500 a bike. And if they are legit when tore down the the person who got protested keeps the money. I have heard from people "in the know" that this has been going on for years.

Yes I know this. But it usually cost money to protest. Like 500 a bike. And if they are legit when tore down the the person who got protested keeps the money. I have heard from people "in the know" that this has been going on for years.

Not really.
No factory effort is going to compromise their integrity with a cheater motor especially with the 1981(??) production rule. Factories now buy their rules... equal displacement rule(Honda) limited lead fuel rule (yamaha) on board electronics rule(gps and rpm reading equipment,yammi Kawi) There's a few more but I cant remember them off hand.
people still do strip motors but its all privateers and amatuers that run these motors. The guy that runs the local plug and tire shops can't compete with the factory efforts of Kawi and suzuki amatuer programs so he finds ways to punch the motors.
Same goes for the privateer. He cant afford to build a motor to compete at the factory level at production specs so they run a cheater fuel and tune it the other way......

It's like $300 here, the other portion pays the mechanic, and that's not even CRA

Imagine if we had a true production rule. Got to race with what comes on the showroom floor. Instead of millions being spent on works goodies they would have to spend that cash on all the bikes we all buy. Can't limit 100% stock on the suspension as tuning would absolutely have to be allowed.

I would include tires as well. The well substantiated rumor is that the works tires are good for one second per lap. If we can't buy them , they can't race them.

It would open up the extra cool goodies for all. I'm not saying that it would be cheap. I'm sure that the works tires are only good for a moto and might cost $200 a piece.

Imagine if we had a true production rule. Got to race with what comes on the showroom floor. Instead of millions being spent on works goodies they would have to spend that cash on all the bikes we all buy. Can't limit 100% stock on the suspension as tuning would absolutely have to be allowed.

I would include tires as well. The well substantiated rumor is that the works tires are good for one second per lap. If we can't buy them , they can't race them.

It would open up the extra cool goodies for all. I'm not saying that it would be cheap. I'm sure that the works tires are only good for a moto and might cost $200 a piece.

They run the same exact bike we do and all the parts they use must be off the shelf and available to the public and they are.
The difference is we the technology that goes into making the parts work better is way out of touch for us weekend warriors....... No average racer can afford to build a motor to run the 87 octane spec fuel for proSX and still have it dump out 67hp with a quick twist....