Pro Could a 125 Clear Larocco's Leap?

James

Staff member
***These posts have been split off from another thread.***

haha a well tuned 125 is not slow as hell. i saw a video of what think was a privateer, jumping laroccos leap on a stock yz 125. if your bike can make laroccos leap than it simply is not slow as hell lol. if you dont like your yamaha manual get a chiltons. if you dont like the chiltons then you are S.O.L. good luck dude
Not to take anything away from that guy, but the Leap has gotten bigger over the years. Tim added even more to it this year. :bonk: Heck Baggett had trouble getting over it on his PC Kawi, which isn't exactly stock.

Not to take anything away from that guy, but the Leap has gotten bigger over the years. Tim added even more to it this year. :bonk: Heck Baggett had trouble getting over it on his PC Kawi, which isn't exactly stock.

im confused where you were going with this lol, im sure a 125 can still get over it with the right jockey tho. a 125 isnt much slower than a 250f

James

Staff member
im confused where you were going with this lol, im sure a 125 can still get over it with the right jockey tho. a 125 isnt much slower than a 250f
Over the past couple years the landing has gotten taller and further out, making it harder to clear. So what I'm saying is that if Baggett can barely clear it on his highly modded 250f, a stock 125 would be VERY hard to do. In an interview last weekend Baggett said he was 4th tapped while hitting it.

Over the past couple years the landing has gotten taller and further out, making it harder to clear. So what I'm saying is that if Baggett can barely clear it on his highly modded 250f, a stock 125 would be VERY hard to do. In an interview last weekend Baggett said he was getting his 4th tapped brew before hitting it.
:eek:
:smirk: I know, I know - I'm gonna pay for it - I just can't resist this quote feature.....

Over the past couple years the landing has gotten taller and further out, making it harder to clear. So what I'm saying is that if Baggett can barely clear it on his highly modded 250f, a stock 125 would be VERY hard to do. In an interview last weekend Baggett said he was 4th tapped while hitting it.

yea i gotcha. i still have no doubt that a decked out 125 could make it tho. i could be wrong but i am convinced that the right rider on a well tuned highly modified 125 could make it over :ride: could just be because of how much i love 125 and 250 pingers tho

James

Staff member
yea i gotcha. i still have no doubt that a decked out 125 could make it tho. i could be wrong but i am convinced that the right rider on a well tuned highly modified 125 could make it over :ride: could just be because of how much i love 125 and 250 pingers tho
Considering that Baggett's leading the series in points and hits stuff that 450 guys aren't, he's no slouch. :lol:

I do know that 250's (2 stroke) can make it as a couple of the locals have been doing it. :ride: One of the next videos I'm working on is of a 250 hitting it....and casing the piss out of it. :lol: :thumb:

Isnt the Leap 60ft bigger than it was 10yrs ago???? I mean 125's were barely making it.... in 06 RC over shot it by 40ft on his Zook smoker didnt he??? and its bigger yet? :faint:
I ride Hollywoods 250f and its as fast as my 2T... scary fast and its a stock valvegrinder. If Bagget is just barely making it on a PC KX250f then its def not gonna get owned by a 125 pinger.... Just sayin...

Isnt the Leap 60ft bigger than it was 10yrs ago???? I mean 125's were barely making it.... in 06 RC over shot it by 40ft on his Zook smoker didnt he??? and its bigger yet? :faint:
I ride Hollywoods 250f and its as fast as my 2T... scary fast and its a stock valvegrinder. If Bagget is just barely making it on a PC KX250f then its def not gonna get owned by a 125 pinger.... Just sayin...
Well, yeah but, if we were talking about M33 or N-edge, we'd likely be saying, "those Fellers had to back off on that Stock 125 so they don't flatland that beotch." Personally, I like to seatbounce that son-of-a-gun in second, at around 3/4 throttle and land just at the bottom of the run-out." (edit: N-edge has been perfecting the seatbounce since his parents refused to take him to 6 Flags in Wisconsin when he was 7 years old. I don't necessarily recommend this but, I do guarantee you will be famous if you film it while you try it.)

yea until i see proof otherwise im still going to think it is doable. your guess isnt any better than my guess because thats all they are is guesses. baggett did it almost every lap at red bud, and cleared it every time that he tried, so thinking that a modified 125 cant clear it once seems kind of ludicrous to me

James

Staff member
yea until i see proof otherwise im still going to think it is doable. your guess isnt any better than my guess because thats all they are is guesses. baggett did it almost every lap at red bud, and cleared it every time that he tried, so thinking that a modified 125 cant clear it once seems kind of ludicrous to me
Have you seen those PC Kawi's? :shocked: I think it'd be near impossible to get a 125 to that level without increasing the CC's. I've been told that those bikes are pretty close to a stock 450.

Oh and if he hadn't cleared it every time I don't think he would've tried again. :P

IMHO a highly modded 125 running race gas(not running it as in, someone wants to smell good, it actually needs it) could do it. With a good rider of course.

Have you seen those PC Kawi's? :shocked: I think it'd be near impossible to get a 125 to that level without increasing the CC's. I've been told that those bikes are pretty close to a stock 450.

Oh and if he hadn't cleared it every time I don't think he would've tried again. :P

I have. Those bikes are insanely fast 250F's. I agree that it would be near impossible to get a 124cc 2 stroke engine to the same power ratings as a PC kawi 250f, but that doesnt mean that you cant get one far enough up to speed to clear it. another thing in the 125's favor (assuming it is as modified as the pc 250f's are) is weight. that will help with getting up to speed and floating through the air as well. Trust me, im not saying that it wouldnt be much harder to do on a 125 than on a 250f. cause it would (and alot more scary) :eek: but if you have enough R&D into the 125, have it set up perfectly for laroccos leap itself, and you put the best 125 rider in the world on it, i guarantee that mother effer is clearing it eventually.

IMHO a highly modded 125 running race gas(not running it as in, someone wants to smell good, it actually needs it) could do it. With a good rider of course.

i know exactly what you mean by needing it (from the amount of engine work we are assuming to be in it) and i completely agree with you 100 percent bro.