Cdi or coil

Most flywheel pullers have two places for the wrenches so that the flywheel can be held while turning the other.
I have used rope in the past. but I am not fond of it. You could also use a strap wrench to hold the flywheel.

Paw Paw

Ya but im talkin bout to thread the puller in so when i try to pull the wheel i dont want the puller to rip out

Does this look right?
IMAG0082.jpg

Well if you didn't find any copper wire in the engine case I don't believe so. You can ebay the part and look at photos to be sure.

I guess mine is right, i took a good amount of shavings off the pickup and cleaned all the rust and crud off the fly wheel. Looks almost factory haha.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=161389596672&alt=web

Check this one out. On the flywheel there is a piece of raised metal that lines up with the piece on the outside of the stator bracket. I really can't explain it very well, but that raised piece needs to be clean of rust and corrosion. Same as the piece on the outside of the stator bracket (little black box)

Isent that the pickup? (i might be wrong as to what its called but i know what your talking about!)

It may be, I didn't know if it was the pickup, magneto or what lol. Just cause I can work on the bike doesn't mean I can name the parts:noidea:

I know what you mean, but yes i did clean all that stuff off and will work more on it tomorrow and post updates, unless i fix it early and am busy riding!

OK, I see some wear on the coil at the top of the photo and an excess amount of oil on the stator parts.
This indicates to me that maybe your crank shaft seal is leaking and that can be caused from wear on the crank shaft bearings or just old age of the rubber in the seal. Grab the end of the crank and see if it moves up and down or side to side. If there is movement in those directions, then the bearing will have to be replaced. The movement can allow the flywheel to make contact with the stator coil and cause the wear on the coil and create the shavings. If there is no movement , then I would still plan on replacing the crank seal as it seems to be leaking. The oil may also be coming from the seal on the clutch shaft inside the stator cavity. I would plan on also replacing that seal as well.

Paw Paw

Last edited: