Cdi or coil

Yeah replace your plug boot/wire first though!

yeah but i still get spark just not much. if i put a new plug in the bike runs for a bit then after the plug starts to get a bit of carbon on it there isent enough power to jump the gap. All my gaps are right. All the plugs spark in different machines.

You should not be getting much carbon on the plug if only run for a short time. I would now think you have a rich condition caused from either a bad clutch side crank seal, leaking float or low compression.
Low compression will give all indications of an overly rich condition and it will foul plugs quickly.
I suggest doing a compression test and a leak test prior to purchasing any new electrical parts.

Paw Paw

You should not be getting much carbon on the plug if only run for a short time. I would now think you have a rich condition caused from either a bad clutch side crank seal, leaking float or low compression.
Low compression will give all indications of an overly rich condition and it will foul plugs quickly.
I suggest doing a compression test and a leak test prior to purchasing any new electrical parts.

Paw Paw

i just rejeted and the richness is fine. Im talking only electrical here. The bike isent producing enough voltage to spark the plug. Thats the problem, not jetting compresion or anything else. As i stated the plugs spark in different machines (my lawnmower for example will spark my plug (br8eg) but my bike wont.)

Last edited:

SRAD97750

Staff member
i just rejeted and the richness is fine. Im talking only electrical here. The bike isent producing enough voltage to spark the plug. Thats the problem, not jetting compresion or anything else. As i stated the plugs spark in different machines (my lawnmower for example will spark my plug (br8eg) but my bike wont.)

You have been added to the 'list.' -BIG DAN

What i know: I also have a 2006 CRF 230F in my garage. If i take the plug cap off my YZ and put it on my CRF and put the YZ's plug in the cap the CRF will spark the plug. If i put my CRF plug cap on my YZ and put the CRF plug in it than my YZ will Spark the CRF plug. My CRF sparks its own plug but my YZ wont spark its own plug.