Carburettor/Bike problems....still!

Hey guys. With the valve covers off and turning the flywheel my intake valve springs were very squeaky...that good or bad? as soon as they compress you could hear them squeak. I fixed it up by pouring a bit of oil on them. no more squeak now.
It was only the intake side

Last edited:
The valves were just all rebuilt/brand new when I did the rebuild 2 months ago.
Bike has only been running for a bit since then. Maybe it hadn't run enough. I dunno.
I fixed the problem though by pouring a bit of oil on it

The valves were just all rebuilt/brand new when I did the rebuild 2 months ago.
Bike has only been running for a bit since then. Maybe it hadn't run enough. I dunno.
I fixed the problem though by pouring a bit of oil on it
That might be telling you, that it's starving for oil, or maybe just that most the oil gas drained away from not running, guess just keep an eye on it. By the sway what's the time difference there. It's almost 10 pm here.check that it's almost 9 pm here

Last edited:
So I still think it a valve hanging up or bent.

Valves definitely aren't bent according to my leak down test. No air coming out the intake.

As for oiling issues, I'll keep an eye out for it. I think because the bikes been sitting for too long and has barely been run, it dried up the oil or just didn't have much of a chance to lubricate the top end yet. It's only been run in 2 minute intervals since the rebuild.

Also, it was only the intake side that was a little squeaky so I guess the exhaust side was getting lubrication indicating that oil is getting to the top end.