Carburettor/Bike problems....still!

ive solved the problems.
it was a faulty starter motor. im pretty sure of that.
battery was dead so we jump started it from the car battery instead of waiting forever for it to charge, when i went to crank the bike, the starter motor blew up and started smoking....both the batteries are 12V.
even though it was a brand new 2 month old aftermarket starter motor, i think it may have been faulty or in its way out. didn't crank as well as when i 1st bought it.
question is though, why would the starter motor of blown up and not the fuses or the battery or anything else?
i don't get that part.
anyway, it was under warranty so i got it replaced directly on the spot, fitted the new starter motor and it starts and runs perfectly now :)

well there was a CDI Unit issue too but i fixed that by buying a 2nd hand 1 from a wrecker.
then the problem with the starter motor began

ive solved the problems.
it was a faulty starter motor. im pretty sure of that.
battery was dead so we jump started it from the car battery instead of waiting forever for it to charge, when i went to crank the bike, the starter motor blew up and started smoking....both the batteries are 12V.
even though it was a brand new 2 month old aftermarket starter motor, i think it may have been faulty or in its way out. didn't crank as well as when i 1st bought it.
question is though, why would the starter motor of blown up and not the fuses or the battery or anything else?
i don't get that part.
anyway, it was under warranty so i got it replaced directly on the spot, fitted the new starter motor and it starts and runs perfectly now :)
The actual starter motor is not fused, the control circuit and lighting whatnot is.

The actual starter motor is not fused, the control circuit and lighting whatnot is.

Ahh ok. Fair enough then.
So if my next 1 blows up if I jump start it again, it'll only do damage and fry the starter motor and nothing else seeing as the starter motor is the 1st thing that'll fry?

It fired with the kick starter but because the ignition timing box was bad, it didn't want to actually start or run.

Ahh ok. Fair enough then.
So if my next 1 blows up if I jump start it again, it'll only do damage and fry the starter motor and nothing else seeing as the starter motor is the 1st thing that'll fry?

It fired with the kick starter but because the ignition timing box was bad, it didn't want to actually start or run.
So next time fix the things you know are bad, which may solve other problems in the process, then if anything else remains, charge after that. It's easy to get on one track and forget the other issues. But there are no mistakes made as long as you learn from them. There, that's as deep as I get.

So next time fix the things you know are bad, which may solve other problems in the process, then if anything else remains, charge after that. It's easy to get on one track and forget the other issues. But there are no mistakes made as long as you learn from them. There, that's as deep as I get.

Yeah I have only heard rumors of cdi's going bad. Never actually seen one bad in my 35 years of dirt scootering..... Except for those damn ford ignition modules from the 80's.... Those sucked. Lol