South Can I tag along ?

It was a nice 82 at Devils Hole today. Lunch withe the kids there with an up and back with the single track on the other side and bull dogging across the rocks. Water was a non-issue but I had to bull dog two bikes, mine and Audreya's. Was a blast of a day. 43 miles round trip!
dan and I had a nice little adventure. found a new ST that leads to some fun/rocky wash. damn heat is upon us tho... might have to wait till after summer but i want to go back.

what about nelson or logandale? ive rode out there and i miss it.

You can have Nelson. I hate that place. I have never ridden in Logandale but some buddies of mine have and they love it. I got to the same spot every weekend because it is close and I always find new trails so I don't see the point in driving an hour to go somewhere else.

You can have Nelson. I hate that place. I have never ridden in Logandale but some buddies of mine have and they love it. I got to the same spot every weekend because it is close and I always find new trails so I don't see the point in driving an hour to go somewhere else.
why do you hate nelson?

i remember it kind of being whooped out but i was into my first year of riding and my skill level was nothing near what it is now so id like to go conquer that place. also its cool seeing the big horn sheep there.

logandale tho... :drool: i use to take the family camping there and my son rode a dirtbike with no training wheels for his first time there. i like it cause one side of the mt is dunes and the other is hardpack. id like to explore the area more. i made it to a quary once but no farther then that.

why do you hate nelson?

i remember it kind of being whooped out but i was into my first year of riding and my skill level was nothing near what it is now so id like to go conquer that place. also its cool seeing the big horn sheep there.

logandale tho... :drool: i use to take the family camping there and my son rode a dirtbike with no training wheels for his first time there. i like it cause one side of the mt is dunes and the other is hardpack. id like to explore the area more. i made it to a quary once but no farther then that.

Nelson was the same way for me. My skill level wasn't where it needed to be. I have crashed and broke my bike both times I have gone there. Plus it is like 1.5 hours from my house one way. Long way to go when you don't like the place. My buddy grew up in Overton so he knows that area like the back of his hand. He is trying to get me to go but again that is also like an hour or so from me so he hasn't sold me on it yet.

Nelson was the same way for me. My skill level wasn't where it needed to be. I have crashed and broke my bike both times I have gone there. Plus it is like 1.5 hours from my house one way. Long way to go when you don't like the place. My buddy grew up in Overton so he knows that area like the back of his hand. He is trying to get me to go but again that is also like an hour or so from me so he hasn't sold me on it yet.

i feel ya... if i had epic riding close that is legal and buddys to ride it with id be on it constantly. i dont tho and even to do a solo legal ride i have a 40 min drive. pretty common to drive 2 and a half hours for a day ride for me. its all perspective. PBK use to live in north vegas so logandale was about 40 mins from his house. Thats the place that got me into riding.

Great ride at Gorman today. Till after lunch...when we found a dead body and called the rangers. Yea, another story to add to my dirt bike adventures. OH AND The new ridge line trail is epic!

Great ride at Gorman today. Till after lunch...when we found a dead body and called the rangers. Yea, another story to add to my dirt bike adventures. OH AND The new ridge line trail is epic!
damm... sucks dude. sorry you had to deal with that. i have been there myself... :popcorn: tho

Suicide. Out of respect for the young man and his family, I don't think it's right to spill details on the internet. Tragic that someone feels that low to want to end things for good. Ventura Sheriff, LA County Sheriff and Fire, and Park Rangers responded immediately, handled things professionally and the park rangers treated us good. Great job on their end.

But on the brighter note, the ridge line trail has some SHARP turns with some scary drop offs and is a BLAST to ride. High of 77 up there today with very light breeze. Beautiful day to ride.