South Can I tag along ?

I bought a pass once, and forgot to hang it up. I got a ticket, and never did anything about it. Nothing ever came from it, so why bother ever buying one again? :noidea:

When you say 10 minutes from stoddard are you talking about the stoddard by Barstow? Because isn't the road towards the bottom of Cajon pass called stoddard as well?

Anyways. If you are by Barstow we are thinking about planning a ride day in the nipton area. That should only be an hour maybe two from Barstow.

Also if any of you fools come to the Vegas area and are here on the weekends we try and ride every saturday. Any of you guys are more than welcome to tag along.

We do ask that total beginners stay home. It never fails when we take a beginner out they always ride over their head and get hurt. We are 3 for 3 in this scenario. Not that we are Pros or we try to get people hurt but the ride is not an "easy" ride. There is a lot of old race course where we ride so the terrain is incredibly rough. beginners seem to gas out and get fatigued. Then they get hurt.

If you guys are planning on heading this way let me know so we can make sure to tell you where we will be.

nothing......... Seriously nothing. You can buy lotto tickets and there is a mexican joint. There are some really cool trails about 10 miles east of nipton it is called crescent peak. The local racing organization holds a race up there in january.

We usually ride in Jean because it is much closer than nipton, but a lot of guys that come into the shop says nipton and searchlight is where its at. So we were planning on taking a ride out there to check it out.

nothing......... Seriously nothing. You can buy lotto tickets and there is a mexican joint. There are some really cool trails about 10 miles east of nipton it is called crescent peak. The local racing organization holds a race up there in january.

We usually ride in Jean because it is much closer than nipton, but a lot of guys that come into the shop says nipton and searchlight is where its at. So we were planning on taking a ride out there to check it out.
My parents used to keep a trailer in Searchlight at the mobile home park there. Didn't do much exploring around there but we did go riding off of the 163 about 5 miles down from the 95. Same place they hold the BITD race. Nice riding around there.

The point is, jeff could drive anywhere in the US and ride his motorcycle.
BUT he's asking about local rides in the high desert area that may be happening. That's it.

Not asking for multi-day camping trips...
Not asking for 14 hour drive to ride 2 hours and drive back 14 hours...
Not asking for input about the weather in the local mountains...
Not asking for people to form a family band and tour the countryside....
I mean that would be fun, but cmon... Jeff only plays clarinet anyway...

We have millions of acres of dezert here with access from our driveways... Just trying to include DBA members...

LET'S :ride: -BIG DAN:thumb:
Getting a bit warm to ride out there no?

It's a blazing 77F right now. Might get up to 87 today. May brought nothing but cool spring days. High desert at 3000 feet isn't what people think it is most of the time.

Not yet............. I've been out to the rez for Easter let alone Memorial day when it was in the 90's... Been out there in July when it was 105+.................... and really hot for Labor day...... :whistle:

Not yet............. I've been out to the rez for Easter let alone Memorial day when it was in the 90's... Been out there in July when it was 105+.................... and really hot for Labor day...... :whistle:
You got A/C at the rez? With those kinds of temps I need to do nothing. I remember all the years of going to Havasu and river spots in the summer when it was 117 cooling down to 90 at night and I thought that was fun. :picard:

what about nelson or logandale? ive rode out there and i miss it.