Camera recommendations?

James

Staff member
Like 400 online. I think best-buy had them in there sale bill for 499... And the 5100 for 599.
What's the cheapest you can find a new D3200 for? You best bet is still to get a low shutter count (under 10-20k) used one.

All with lens... Are the ones i've priced.

I might end up buying one without a lens. And then buying a lens after i recoup some cash.

James

Staff member
All with lens... Are the ones i've priced.

I might end up buying one without a lens. And then buying a lens after i recoup some cash.
That's probably a good idea, especially since most of them come with the wide 18-55 lens. What are you going to be primarily shooting with it?

That's probably a good idea, especially since most of them come with the wide 18-55 lens. What are you going to be primarily shooting with it?

Starting off, Just basically sunsets, Things i see on the river. But, sorta just gooning photographer. See where it takes me sorta. I will be taking alot of pictures of Automobiles and stuff for sure... I want to get decent enough that i can get some good action shots at the drag strip and mud racing.

Get one of these!

ebdisc4000camera2.jpg

Yeah, I went and checked them out... They had it for 149... Guy told me he'd take 140. So i came out to the truck and looked it up.... Read some reviews... When i got back in there (My dad was sweet talking him :smirk:) Told me he'd take 100 .....

I got Camera...2 batt's... A charger... And he had a Go pro USB cord he threw it in... And a hard computer bag. I got everything for 108 :D

Its got all kinds of settings and stuff... I don't think its going to be a nikon. But it will suit me for now.Atleast i can learn some things with it.

James

Staff member
I just flipped it on and took these two pictures.. One is zoomed out.. One zoomed in...
Yeah I saw that it had a 12x zoom. :shocked:

I'm curious what a 100% crop looks like. Open the original image in photoshop, zoom to 100%, crop it around the boat, save it without resizing (and keep the quality at at least 80%).

For example here's a 100% crop of this image. (Original resolution is 4928x3264 px at 240 pixels/inch)

Crop.jpg

100_crop.jpg