Camera recommendations?

This Camera won't be riding. I'm not saying a 700 dollar camera is out of the question. (Highly doubt i will though) .... Looks to be some decent deals on Craigslist... Just looking at the moment.

Fujifilm Finepix AX550.... $79 at Kmart.. Camera is :tits:

I did have a Fuji... That was decent, if i must say...Till my 4yr old nephew borrowed it.

DSCF0116.jpg

DSCF0084.jpg

DSCF0064.jpg

DSCF0047.jpg

DSCF0090.jpg

Screwed up shots that the focus was getting a work out....

James

Staff member
I did have a Fuji... That was decent, if i must say...Till my 4yr old nephew borrowed it.

DSCF0116.jpg

DSCF0084.jpg

Screwed up shots that the focus was getting a work out....
WTF and here I spent a fortune on a lens that has this shallow of a depth of focus. :foul: :rant:

Megapixels don't really mean squat.

To a extent.

My two cents. Not that my opinion is worth that at all. DSLR all the way. This will enable you to "grow" with your interest in photography, if you so choose.

What kind of DSLR? Depends what type of photography you are going to be doing. If you are taking general pictures is all, go cheap(er). If you are looking at action or "high end" photography. Quite frankly you get what you pay for. Another opinion. Your camera is only as good as your glass (lense). Put a crappy lense on a very high dollar camera and you will be disappointed.

I started with a Nikon D70. Not too bad for back in the day. But, damn it was terrible in low lighting and had too much noise about ISO800. :rant:

Upgraded to a D7000. Couldn't be happier. :goofy:

James

Staff member
Your camera is only as good as your glass (lense). Put a crappy lense on a very high dollar camera and you will be disappointed.
Ditto. My current primary lens new is ~5x what the camera body cost. However on the flip side, lenses last for a long time. I could see my current lens lasting me for 5-10 years, while camera body's tend to be upgraded every couple years. Lenses also have higher resale valve.

With that said, most of the Nikon kit lens are good enough for the average amateur, I only recently jumped up to a fast lens.
Upgraded to a D7000. Couldn't be happier. :goofy:
In hindsight I really wish I would've gotten the D7000 from the start. :bonk: I'm now looking to off load my D5100 and 55-200mm lens, so if you know anyone....

I've been eye'ing the D3100 ... Might not be anytime soon. I'm sorta looking to buy new. If i find a better camera for the same price used i might look into.

James

Staff member
I've been eye'ing the D3100 ... Might not be anytime soon. I'm sorta looking to buy new. If i find a better camera for the same price used i might look into.
If you're going to go that route (new) be sure to get the D3200 as the D3100 was discontinued some time ago. Or bump up to the D5100 as it has a better image sensor.