South Bye Bye Ocotillo Wells

OK... I'm a dick... and you suck for letting me know it :P

Too much time with the TT boys as you call them.

So really... when you gonna join us again ? We got Arrowhead coming up soon. Maybe we can get Dan, Tim & Gary up there for a TT INTERVENTION for me.

ahhhh that's nice.... :rolleyes:....... first this :blah:..... then this :foul:..... then the threat of this:forman: ....... resulting in this :hug: what's next..... :kissass: then .... :gayfight: ..... :shocked:..... :smirk:

is it called the badlands now because of the miss-use (as THEY call it) or has it always been that way? :noidea: If always what do they expect from the OHV community... if it hasn't grown there before it aint gonna grow there now. On the otehr hand, as 530 mentioned if we the OHV community has "added" to the so called distruction then shame on us!

OK, now I'm off the box... it had 2 steps...:smirk:
nature made it badlands long ago... we just added some eye sore to it with the trails... if you consider it a eye sore... i see it as a thing of beauty

nature made it badlands long ago... we just added some eye sore to it with the trails... if you consider it a eye sore... i see it as a thing of beauty

The trails part... yes that's not an issue as I see it however it is the cross-hatched multi-directional paths that have I guess as they wold say "scarred" the area that I was thinking of. trails to and from, hey, you gotta get there some how but to get there from every direction no matter what's in your way resulting in tearing up vegitation, etc... that to me is extreme. Stay on the trails, and have a good time and all (we hope) will be happy.

The trails part... yes that's not an issue as I see it however it is the cross-hatched multi-directional paths that have I guess as they wold say "scarred" the area that I was thinking of. trails to and from, hey, you gotta get there some how but to get there from every direction no matter what's in your way resulting in tearing up vegitation, etc... that to me is extreme. Stay on the trails, and have a good time and all (we hope) will be happy.

yes its extreme and thats why that is only allowed in the small area that is OW. i understand protecting but you gotta give us our playgrounds... in this case its a playground thats been there for many many years and a lot of people were born into using that land... now they want to take it from us and that is total bullshit.

yes its extreme and thats why that is only allowed in the small area that is OW. i understand protecting but you gotta give us our playgrounds... in this case its a playground thats been there for many many years and a lot of people were born into using that land... now they want to take it from us and that is total bullshit.

I agree... which is why I asked if it was always considered "bad lands" because of the sparse vegitation... if it wasn't there to begin with what is the concern??? :noidea:.... :loco:

Take a photo after any amount of the little rain it gets and it would look like OMG :eek: Look at what those OHV people are doing. Go visit in the summer and see what it looks like. Hey, I am willing to share OW with them. They can have it to enjoy June-Oct. and we will ride it the rest of the time. :thumb:

Let it be an area that is for open riding and not for scenic views. There are areas that are set aside for the nature walks to enjoy those types of activities already. Combining the two activities into 1 area doesn't work nor should it. I am talking desert terrain. Mountain terrain, I would be of the mindset of stay on the established trails.

yea its the fucking desert OW isn't really beautiful in itself.

besides if views is the main objection here then what about the hundreds of wind farms ... what about the power lines going in and through a lot of places? all of which are much more of a eye sore then a few bushes burnt down and some criss cross lines in the dirt. Or what about the millions of track homes ruining the landscape. its all bullshit.

yea its the fucking desert OW isn't really beautiful in itself.

That's where some will disagree. When we moved here when I was 15 and drove across the desert I hated my parents for moving me to HELL. But later in life I came to love the desert so much that at 50 I left 35 years of beach living for the desert. I see beauty here now. Discover more all the time.

But I agree completely that we should be allowed pockets of land to support hunting, fishing, riding, etc. We are not foreign aliens that should never mark the earth. In fact, isn't every city and road ever built an eye sore and totally devastating to nature. Isn't every school and Mall and Gov building built after destroying and plowing under nature.

We make acceptions to destroy a little nature to live our lives as the ruling species on our planet. But a bunch of nut baggs have come to believe off roaders... hunters... fishermen are old school, ignorant and destructive. They say these things from their concreted offices with paved parking lots. The land we ride on... walk through when hunting... and sit on the shore of when fishing... is amazingly wild compared to the dwellings of the cactus huggers... and we did NOT PAVE IT OVER TO ENJOY OUR HOBBIES.

That's where some will disagree. When we moved here when I was 15 and drove across the desert I hateD my parents for moving me to HELL. But later in life I came to love the desert so much that aT 50 I left 35 years of beach living for the desert. I see beauty here now. Discover more all the time.

But I agree completely that we should be allowed pockets of land to support hunting, fishing, riding, etc. We are not foreign aliens that should never mark the earth. In fact, isn't every city and road ever built an eye sore and totally devastating to nature. Isn't every school and Mall and Gov building built after destroying and plowing under nature.

We make acceptions to destroy a little nature to live our lives as the ruling species on our planet. But a bunch of nut baggs have come to believe off roaders... hunters... fishermen are old school, ignorant and destructive. They say these things from their concreted offices with paved parking lots. The land we ride on... walk through when hunting... and sit on the shore of when fishing... is amazingly wild compared to the dwellings of the cactus huggers... and we did NOT PAVE IT OVER TO ENJOY OUR HOBBIES.

HEY, did you ASK to borrow my soap box???? :noidea:..... :smirk: