South Bye Bye Ocotillo Wells

AZ not far behind, NM might be good, TX could work it's so fucking big!

I'm liking the Utah thing because of the various types of terrain out there..... kind of like here but smaller and no beaches unless you consider the shoreline around the GSL a beach.... it's big enough :prof:

I hate to say it but a large percentage of people driving or riding off road vehicles think the desert is a waste land and they have no problem destroying anything in their path. If there is a small bush that grows an inch every 10 years trying to grow in the middle of a lake bed someone will certainly mow it over and do donuts around it, I have seen it a million times. This is the kind of activity that makes these people come up with the stupid laws and regulations they want to implement. Not saying OW is a beautiful lush place on earth but to many people it is still a place that needs some protecting from machinery and operators that have no brains. And it is not just OW, it is everywhere in the deserts that dip shits can't seem to leave things alone and not destroy everything in their path. And then they all sit around and bitch because the feds want to do something about it. :picard: Move the mass population of riders to other states and areas and the same thing will happen.

I hate to say it but a large percentage of people driving or riding off road vehicles think the desert is a waste land and they have no problem destroying anything in their path. If there is a small bush that grows an inch every 10 years trying to grow in the middle of a lake bed someone will certainly mow it over and do donuts around it, I have seen it a million times. This is the kind of activity that makes these people come up with the stupid laws and regulations they want to implement. Not saying OW is a beautiful lush place on earth but to many people it is still a place that needs some protecting from machinery and operators that have no brains. And it is not just OW, it is everywhere in the deserts that dip shits can't seem to leave things alone and not destroy everything in their path. And then they all sit around and bitch because the feds want to do something about it. :picard: Move the mass population of riders to other states and areas and the same thing will happen.

you do know that OW is a fucking sandbox compared to the surrounding area... that land has been the peoples for a long long time to do what they will... not that i agree myself but if they want to burn a bush they should be able to. there is way more land that is already and has been protected. its already way too regulated as it is and now they want it gone all together. WHERE DOES IT END? soon you wont be able to leave city limits legally.

besides the assholes you are talking about are the minority in the off road community. or they are not part of the community at all just fuck stick gang bangers from the city. most true off road peoples i have met take care of the land more then anyone.

Do you know any of these type of people? If so, please don't hang with them. Fucking "Jeep" owners! :banghead: Toyota LC owners would never!

you do know that OW is a fucking sandbox compared to the surrounding area... that land has been the peoples for a long long time to do what they will... not that i agree myself but if they want to burn a bush they should be able to. there is way more land that is already and has been protected. its already way too regulated as it is and now they want it gone all together. WHERE DOES IT END? soon you wont be able to leave city limits legally.

besides the assholes you are talking about are the minority in the off road community. or they are not part of the community at all just fuck stick gang bangers from the city. most true off road peoples i have met take care of the land more then anyone.

The way I see it, the Rangers are doing a great job out there.

They will never close it down completely in my opinion, just try and enforce people to ride on existing trails and not create more. Seems to me that the state could take some of that 50 million dollars last years audit found sitting around that nobody claims they knew about and do something constructive. The land officials have had years of time to try and do something to help keep the land available to the ORV community before it got to this stage but as noted they have shrugged it off and done nothing according to the letter that was attached. I am not promoting the red stick initiative either but there are ways for everyone to get along and keep land areas open.

Been going to Ocotillo Wells and surrounding areas for 30+ years. I have not seen many "gang bangers" on dirt bikes. I have scene kids on ATVs using bushes as jumps... running over them from bush to bush. Parents watching their kids have a good time doing it. I've seen teenagers and 20 year olds with their chopped plastics turn anything in their path into a jump. I've seen Devils Slide and Shell Reef shaved down to memories of what they used to be in the name of fun. I've seen Pumpkin Patch raped of every rock that could be carried by two or three guys into a Jeep or Truck... and then people complain that they fenced it. Everyone hates fencing... yet the first thing a guy does after buying 2 acres out there for his base compound is to fence the damn thing off. It's a maze out there now thanks to many off road land owners.

You can argue that when an "open area" is given up for off road use that they just need to write it off permanently for any conservation. Assume it is a total loss and leave us alone. But you can't argue that ohvers as a group don't seriously impact everything in their path in Ocotillo Wells.

Been going to Ocotillo Wells and surrounding areas for 30+ years. I have not seen many "gang bangers" on dirt bikes. I have scene kids on ATVs using bushes as jumps... running over them from bush to bush. Parents watching their kids have a good time doing it. I've seen teenagers and 20 year olds with their chopped plastics turn anything in their path into a jump. I've seen Devils Slide and Shell Reef shaved down to memories of what they used to be in the name of fun. I've seen Pumkin Patch raped of every rock that could be carried by two or three guys into a Jeep or Truck... and then people complain that they fenced it. Everyone hates fencing... yet the first thing a guy does after buying 2 acres out there for his base compound is to fence the damn thing off. It's a maze out there now thanks to many off road land owners.

You can argue that when an "open area" is given up for off road use that they just need to write it off permenently for any conservation. Assume it is a total loss and leave us alone. But you can't argue that ohvers as a group don't serious impact everything in their path in Ocotillo Wells.

I believe the inference to "gang bangerrs" are the groups of people that tend to ride quads, without helmets let alone gear, riding double (still no gear, even for the kids) doing donuts around their truck causing all kinds of ruckus...

These individuals can care less if the area closes because it isn't their favorite past time so they do as they please with no qualms about doing so nor the results of their actions.

As for fencing my 5 acres in JV... I'd like to fence in just the localized area around the camping area so I can feel more secure that mys shizzle isn't messed with... by those OTHER THAN DBAer's.... :lol: ... as for trampling over everything in the way... I wouldn't want the remaining 3-4 acres to look nekked like OW... I like the people visiting to stay on the course or as close to it as possible... :thumb:

who cares about erosion out there what would that even effect, like really its the desert offroaders wont effect anything its just some trails on shitty soil go cry about it lol

Gary I think leaving CA is a state of mind. It's the constant drip drip drip of stupid and insulting actions and laws that just grind at us. But other states have their issues. Even with all the crap, we still have more than most. And most never had the variety of riding and life opportunities we have here today. It's why after years of wanting out... checking out other places like AZ and NV I ended up just getting out of OC. Keeps me close to family... gives me the freedoms I needed to be sane... and out of the nonsense for the most part.

I can have a carry permit... ride my atvs around with a base ball cap on. Take the utv to town for milk. Ride in any direction from the house. You can live in a shack or build a mansion and live however you like from resources you've earned in your life here in CA. You can do it in the desert like me... or closer to the trees in places in Kern County. Dying horse properties everywhere are opening up great dirt bike ranches to guys like you and me. If you own even an average house in town you can own a ranch in several good places out of town when retirement is eminent. :thumb:

Gary I think leaving CA is a state of mind. It's the constant drip drip drip of stupid and insulting actions and laws that just grind at us. But other states have their issues. Even with all the crap, we still have more than most. And most never had the variety of riding and life opportunities we have here today. It's why after years of wanting out... checking out other places like AZ and NV I ended up just getting out of OC. Keeps me close to family... gives me the freedoms I needed to be sane... and out of the nonsense for the most part.

I can have a carry permit... ride my atvs around with a base ball cap on. Take the utv to town for milk. Ride in any direction from the house. You can live in a shack or build a mansion and live however you like from resources you've earned in your life here in CA. You can do it in the desert like me... or closer to the trees in places in Kern County. Dying horse properties everywhere are opening up great dirt bike ranches to guys like you and me. If you own even an average house in town you can own a ranch in several good places out of town when retirement is eminent. :thumb:

The REZ might be our "golden egg" once that time hits too. I need to do some serious UPGRADING though to make it enhabitable for the long haul like -

Water...
Septic...
Storage...