South Bye Bye Ocotillo Wells

They will never close it down completely in my opinion, just try and enforce people to ride on existing trails and not create more.

they already do this and the actuall park boundrys is exactly for that. the one area where you dont have to stay on a trail... go a little east and you will see the signs telling you to stay on the marked routes tho.

Been going to Ocotillo Wells and surrounding areas for 30+ years. I have not seen many "gang bangers" on dirt bikes. I have scene kids on ATVs using bushes as jumps... running over them from bush to bush. Parents watching their kids have a good time doing it. I've seen teenagers and 20 year olds with their chopped plastics turn anything in their path into a jump. I've seen Devils Slide and Shell Reef shaved down to memories of what they used to be in the name of fun. I've seen Pumpkin Patch raped of every rock that could be carried by two or three guys into a Jeep or Truck... and then people complain that they fenced it. Everyone hates fencing... yet the first thing a guy does after buying 2 acres out there for his base compound is to fence the damn thing off. It's a maze out there now thanks to many off road land owners.

You can argue that when an "open area" is given up for off road use that they just need to write it off permanently for any conservation. Assume it is a total loss and leave us alone. But you can't argue that ohvers as a group don't seriously impact everything in their path in Ocotillo Wells.

funny cause i been going to OW since the 90's and devils slide and shell reef are pretty the same looking to me... and pumpkin patch... funny how they took all the rocks but yet you can go there today and still see all the "pumpkins"

what you claim might have a little truth to it but no way is what you are saying 100% correct.

hopefully bad karma returns back to karen and her clan,clearly they act like a scorned woman with no reasoning, just hate and destroy in her heart.It will eventually come back to haunt her.
Are you offering up, to take one for the team? :smirk: She's not half bad......

once you turn off the lights.:devil:

not that i agree myself but if they want to burn a bush they should be able to. there is way more land that is already and has been protected.
There should be places like Glamis, OW, Cal City, JV for off-roaders to off-road. Go ahead, ride off trail, make jumps, do donuts without giving a thought to the environment. Let it be an off-road park. The environment has been protected in many ways already. There are nature preserves, wetland preserves, national monuments, state parks.....a lot of places where motorized travel is prohibited. To have a fraction of a fraction of land available for open off-road travel isn't asking for much but in the environmentalist eyes it's asking for everything.:bonk:

Sorry boys, Federal mandate is Go Green or stay homie! The whole country and Odipshit administration has been pushing and shoving since the beginning. I am now Fuck it, ride it while your can and then ride it fast and don't get caught.

Sorry boys, Federal mandate is Go Green or stay homie! The whole country and Odipshit administration has been pushing and shoving since the beginning. I am now Fuck it, ride it while your can and then ride it fast and don't get caught.
I am with this train of thought as well but I will not blaze new trails or mow over any plant life in the process. :thumb: I have a thing for plants and vegetation which is why I like to grow things and garden. :prof:

Meanwhile if you are practicing maneuvers for the sake of the service you can beat the shit out of the ground without ever being disciplined. Lets see, tank track, motorcycle tires.
Military is a entirely exempt entity as we all know. They can destroy the earth as they do and all is good.

Travace... it's one of those things... you can't know what you don't know. We can debate the lunar landing too... but you just weren't there ! :P
i agree. i can however explain my perspective and thats all i can do. i wont argue that we dont do damage but that is exactly why we are given such small area's to play and not free roam to everywhere.

i agree. i can however explain my perspective and thats all i can do. i wont argue that we dont do damage but that is exactly why we are given such small area's to play and not free roam to everywhere.
My thoughts exactly. So we tear it up. Ok, accept it will. That is what the area will be set aside for. Just like the areas are set aside to do nothing but viewing purposes.