Anyone down for a weight loss challenge?

I was thinking about starting one in the next couple weeks and was wondering who'd be down? Maybe a $10 buy in, winner take all. 12 weeks with Monday weigh ins...

Just for reference I'm 5-6 205 and want to lose 40lbs... That's what I was down to during the academy and it took way too much work so my goal is actually 20... :smirk:

There was one chick in the academy that we called 4x4... She was literally 4' tall by 4' wide :eek: I have no clue how she passed the entrance PT exam...

I have been trimming since mid-Feburary....down 20 lbs, but need to lose another 20(that will put me at 6'1'' 220)

on a side note, a good freind of mine has gone from 230# to 182 in the same time frame

i just started tryin to loose some poundes last week on friday i was at 248.9 Lb and what i hve desided todo is stop eating past 6 o'clock and eating smaller portions and no fast food shits bad for you , wel now im at 237.3 seems to be working , oh andd i run 2 or 3 miles four days a week too, but still i'v never lost that fast befor .

i just started tryin to loose some poundes last week on friday i was at 248.9 Lb and what i hve desided todo is stop eating past 6 o'clock and eating smaller portions and no fast food shits bad for you , wel now im at 237.3 seems to be working , oh andd i run 2 or 3 miles four days a week too, but still i'v never lost that fast befor .

Keep it up PBK your gointg to motivate me!! I have been trying to ride the road bike a few miles a week.

Yeah,I'm trying to take some pounds off as well. I have immune system issues from chemical exposure in the military and one of my docs pumped me full of steroids last year for several months and I went from 180 to 220 and haven't really been able to shed the weight even though I've been off the steroids for a few months.

I started dropping too... Everytime I start to walk to the fridge at night I force myself to grab my bike and sprint around the neighborhood FIRST ! When I come back huffing and puffing I have NO interest in food ! Ha Ha Ya cutting back on fast food helps too... and saves my wallet !

i steped on the scale today and im at 235.0 and i drank like a fish yeserday!! Dont eat past 6 hard to do but it works!! beer is allowed after 6 tho.

This how she did it Reds.

Because under that layer of adipose was one buff women!
You go through life active with a 60 pound pack and see
how buff you get.

I lost 40+ pounds last year and it left me weak, my daughter
was not happy with how I looked at all. My riding suffered as well.

So I went back up between 10 and 15 pounds and I felt much better.
So now I am all about maintenance of my current status. Works for me.

Reds, try or at least look at this.
http://www.fatsecret.com/
Allow yourself 30 WW points daily and you will lose! Fast!

yea i cant let PBK ever get skinnier then me so i too have been on a weight lose kick. im 5'9 and 230 now. Few days ago i was 235. Its all in my gut too :/ if i could get around 200 i would be happy but really i just want to loose the gut.

I am now at 225.2 and still dropping haven't beenrunning as much as i would like. I'm going to get down to 185.0 and be a fucking rail at that weight.

I'd love to join you all in a weight loss challange however not working is really hard losing weight. When I went back to work after a few months of "retirement" I lost almost 50 lbs in 6 months by walking and not snacking. I'm trying to keep active (when not BSing on DBA) by doing yard work, etc but man that gets boring and old after a while. I have to figure I'm at a-round 280++ now and was somewhere around 240 when I lost my job...Mind you I was still too f'n fat at 240 butI felt good, clothes were loose, I could bend over to tie my shoes and got compliments from everyone!