250F Another 2004 KX250F Project/Build

Is there a general consensus on how long a liquid on top of valve should take to seep past the seat?
I poured some lacquer thinner on top the new valves before I lapped them, and they started to seep after about 30 seconds, which is why I lapped them.
When I was done lapping they all hold for a little over a minute.
Also - not sure if this makes a difference or not, but the new valves are steel. Do they still come with a coating?

Is there a general consensus on how long a liquid on top of valve should take to seep past the seat?
I poured some lacquer thinner on top the new valves before I lapped them, and they started to seep after about 30 seconds, which is why I lapped them.
When I was done lapping they all hold for a little over a minute.
Also - not sure if this makes a difference or not, but the new valves are steel. Do they still come with a coating?

What valve brand?

It'll work for the season. I'll tear it apart again in April, when we go into hibernation.

Damn son. We are moving to AZ so we can ride year round. Am I missing something? Here on the east side we get a week or 2 of 100*+ heat but 95% humidity. It’s oppressive.

We are moving to AZ so we can ride year round. Am I missing something?
If you're moving to the valley you'll be riding at 5am and done by 9am in the summer. Keep in mind, in the summer the low temp is 90-92, and thats at 4:30am.
If you're moving up near your pop in Prescott or anywhere north of the valley, you can ride all year round. Flagstaff is amazing.

If you're moving to the valley you'll be riding at 5am and done by 9am in the summer. Keep in mind, in the summer the low temp is 90-92, and thats at 4:30am.
If you're moving up near your pop in Prescott or anywhere north of the valley, you can ride all year round. Flagstaff is amazing.

Can’t do Prescott. Wife needs to be within 40 mins of a children’s hospital which is in Phoenix

Wife needs to be within 40 mins of a children’s hospital which is in Phoenix
Sounds like you'll be sweating it out with the rest of us then! And we can ride together! Also, the easy weight loss plan :-)
I would recommend getting as far north of the Phoenix area as you can though. You wont stay much cooler, but when its 120 down here in July, every degree helps.
New River, Anthem, Cave Creek area is nice. Somewhat higher in elevation, rugged, beautiful terrain.

Sounds like you'll be sweating it out with the rest of us then! And we can ride together! Also, the easy weight loss plan :-)
I would recommend getting as far north of the Phoenix area as you can though. You wont stay much cooler, but when its 120 down here in July, every degree helps.
New River, Anthem, Cave Creek area is nice. Somewhat higher in elevation, rugged, beautiful terrain.

That’s what we were thinking.

Chain adjuster bolts in the swingarm. Anybody got a pro tip for freeing them up?
Or just spray them with PB Blaster and wait, like I'm doing?

These adjuster screws aren't moving, and been PB blasting them for 2+ days now. My radiators wont be here til Wed so I'll keep trying, but what if they dont budge?
Buying another swingarm would suck.
Has anyone succesfully drilled and re-tapped to a larger size adjusting screw, or heli-coiled?

Try drilling the swing arm above where the bolt enters the swing arm so you can spray the PB Blaster down into the swing arm where the threads exit inside. This has worked for me many times. You will still have to work the bolts in and out small amounts at a time to get them out, but it should work. Then use antisieze on the threads of the new bolts.

Paw Paw