250F Another 2004 KX250F Project/Build

Well the first thing I believe creates a “harbor” of sorts around the jets when the fuel supply is sloshing around. Should run without it, just may find a big miss or big in hard terrain or landings.

The second thing is called frustration, which I believe is in the manual as the second step in the “starting the motorcycle” section, and “installing the piston pin clips” and a few other places also

Thanks @2Wheels , but that wasn't pissed me off. It was/is the ignition coil. Although I'm sure that will come next.

I should have learned my lesson when I bought the $12.85 main jet for the KLX650 I had a couple years ago. I really like their engineering, more so than the other bikes as far as precision and design, but HATE their part "assembly" for lack of a better word or phrase.
I had to step off for a bit and go play my guitar to cool down. Jammed out some old-school metallica, dream theater, and some slipknot. I feel better now. Still fucking pissed though, and its not entirely about the parts, but of some other "outside" influence that I should have maybe not listened to, or not listened to enough.
Probably more me than anything as usual.
Thanks for the reply :-)

I need some expert electrical technical help with this one. I think my coil is good now. It measures the same resistance values as my new one :banghead:.
First question - what is a peak voltage adapter?
There are a few tests in the service manual that require this. Is this just a DC power source?

Yes, new plug.
Crank sensor in spec.
stator;
black/red to red/white = 32.2 ohms (in spec)

yel to yel = 2.3 ohms (in spec)

wht to yel = Open (spec is 1.76 to 2.64 ohms) **** manual says this is for the N2 model, and I'm assuming the white lead is the one that goes to the ignition coil, (I'm also under the impression my bike is the N1 version)

I need some expert electrical technical help with this one. I think my coil is good now. It measures the same resistance values as my new one :banghead:.
First question - what is a peak voltage adapter?
There are a few tests in the service manual that require this. Is this just a DC power source?

Did you check the tire pressure?
disconnect the kill switch....

Did you check the tire pressure?
disconnect the kill switch....
Of course I did! What do you think I am, some sort of electrical idiot? Front tire pressure is 11, rear is 9.5!
Killswitch is disconnected, and in my next RMATV cart.
I'm thinking its gonna be spendy either way; CDI is 300, magneto is 300.
I just cant afford to misdiagnose either of those, cuz 600 is not doable.

Of course I did! What do you think I am, some sort of electrical idiot? Front tire pressure is 11, rear is 9.5!
Killswitch is disconnected, and in my next RMATV cart.
I'm thinking its gonna be spendy either way; CDI is 300, magneto is 300.
I just cant afford to misdiagnose either of those, cuz 600 is not doable.

I’ve never seen a CDI go bad in 42 years of riding. I have seen a ton of people buy them and when the bike doesn’t run they sell it to someone like Steve or Dan for a couple hundred and the next day They are riding it. My guess is a bad ground some where but the stator is a possibility. I can’t tell you the last time I saw a bad stator on bike that was built after 1984 though. That’s a wet ignition, right?
I don’t remember but isn’t there a continuity test for the stator?

Last edited:

SRAD97750

Staff member
wht to yel = Open (spec is 1.76 to 2.64 ohms) **** manual says this is for the N2 model, and I'm assuming the white lead is the one that goes to the ignition coil, (I'm also under the impression my bike is the N1 version)
Looks like you are in spec on the stator. What is this white wire? Which yellow did you test it with? I don't see it in the manual?

What was the reading between Red and Green?

Additionally, in the troubleshooting steps I see the Neutral switch is listed under no spark. Check the light green wire for continuity to ground only when the engine is in neutral.

2004 KX250F N1 http://www.mxguy.com/downloads/service_manuals/2004_KX250F_Service-Manual.pdf

I went to test the neutral switch again, and initially it was grounded in neutral. Then I shifted into first, and then back into neutral again, and it wasn't. Then I tried shifting it into 2nd, and it wouldn't go above neutral.

If I didnt have 2k into this thing I'd set it on fire and roast marshmallows over it.