250F Another 2004 KX250F Project/Build

More stupid shit. Me being a 'trusting' idiot. At least thats what I'm hoping for. Having to re-learn the most basic of things.
So I got the PVA, and it didn't help much. And I started re-testing things; stator, coil, etc, without finding anything wrong.
Then I thought, what if this BRAND NEW spark plug is bad?
So I went to the drawer of used spark plugs, and plugged one in. Lo and behold, I thought I saw a spark! Once.
Then I decided maybe my eyes weren't the best and brought the kid out to the garage, turned off the lights and put his newer eyes on it. No spark.
Then I looked at my pile of used plugs and remembered that they were all from 2T's, and why else would I have a pile of 2T spark plugs lying around and not in use?...duh...
So I went to my car, ripped one out, plugged it in, and sure as shit, it sparked.
I'm gonna go buy a couple from Autozone tomorrow and wont be a bit surprised if she fires. I will be a bit surprised if she fires and runs since the gas has been sitting in the float bowl for 3-4 months now...
Overlooking the very basics, and ASSUMING that because the plug was brand new, it was good.
I'm sure once I get it running I'll have a whole new set of problems.

More stupid shit. Me being a 'trusting' idiot. At least thats what I'm hoping for. Having to re-learn the most basic of things.
So I got the PVA, and it didn't help much. And I started re-testing things; stator, coil, etc, without finding anything wrong.
So I went to the drawer of used spark plugs, and plugged one in. Lo and behold, I thought I saw a spark! Once.
Then I decided maybe my eyes weren't the best and brought the kid out to the garage, turned off the lights and put his newer eyes on it. No spark.
Then I looked at my pile of used plugs and remembered that they were all from 2T's, and why else would I have a pile of 2T spark plugs lying around and not in use?...duh...
So I went to my car, ripped one out, plugged it in, and sure as shit, it sparked.
I'm gonna go buy a couple from Autozone tomorrow and wont be a bit surprised if she fires. I will be a bit surprised if she fires and runs since the gas has been sitting in the float bowl for 3-4 months now...
Overlooking the very basics, and ASSUMING that because the plug was brand new, it was good.

Is it a new plug cap?

Got a new plug, and it sparks. Go figure.
Now to see what else its gonna take to make it fire. Got some fresh 91 octane, and some motivation...

It lives!
This is the first time I've ever heard this thing run, 18 months after I bought it.
Pretty damn happy now :banana:

Any recommendations for break-in?

Last edited:
It lives!
This is the first time I've ever heard this thing run, 18 months after I bought it.
Pretty damn happy now :banana:

Any recommendations for break-in?

heat cycles...
warm it up. let it cool for 2hrs.
warm it up, ride it easy for 10-20 mins going through all the gears..... don't lug it. let it cool for 2hrs. check for loose nuts etc, check head torgue
warm it up, let it rip.

Progress :thumb:

This thing reminds me of my KLX650. Remember that project?
Stuck some gas in the tank to find that the petcock leaks like a sieve of course.
I've had it running once, and its popped 6 times or so since.
Very difficult to get running.