250F Another 2004 KX250F Project/Build

I went to test the neutral switch again, and initially it was grounded in neutral. Then I shifted into first, and then back into neutral again, and it wasn't. Then I tried shifting it into 2nd, and it wouldn't go above neutral.

If I didnt have 2k into this thing I'd set it on fire and roast marshmallows over it.

Did you try spinning the wheel as you shifted into neutral?

Yes.
It's on the back burner for now. I got the kids 125 to fix, and my yz250 needs rejetting. Its cooled off a bit here since I last rode it.

Back to the KXF -
How do I test this stator?
I dont have a 'peak voltage adapter' (whatever that is), that the manual requires.
But I have diagnosed a bad stator on my Honda Shadow and know that there are 3 wires that come out of it that should be around 40 AC volts. But since it dont run, I know there are continuity tests that need to be tested, along with some ground tests.
Tired of looking at this thing I've spent a ton of $$$ on and not being able to ride it. But since I've already misdiagnosed the coil, I dont want to make another $270 mistake.
20181222_151152.jpg

Pfffttt plugs, who needs em:noidea:
From all the threads I've been through last few years on here the CDI or stator is rarely at fault, so triple check everything else before you spend,
Including all spades for crud!
Clean your carb again :poke::smirk:

Do the quad just don't spend on it!
It ain't a raptor or a Tri-z!
Once upon a long time ago I bought a trx125, my memory is blank from then forward, she just told me we have 5 kids :smirk::smirk::smirk:

Pfffttt plugs, who needs em:noidea:
From all the threads I've been through last few years on here the CDI or stator is rarely at fault, so triple check everything else before you spend,
Including all spades for crud!
Clean your carb again :poke::smirk:

Do the quad just don't spend on it!
It ain't a raptor or a Tri-z!
Once upon a long time ago I bought a trx125, my memory is blank from then forward, she just told me we have 5 kids :smirk::smirk::smirk:

:lol::lol::smirk:

Back to the KXF -
How do I test this stator?
I dont have a 'peak voltage adapter' (whatever that is), that the manual requires.
But I have diagnosed a bad stator on my Honda Shadow and know that there are 3 wires that come out of it that should be around 40 AC volts. But since it dont run, I know there are continuity tests that need to be tested, along with some ground tests.
Tired of looking at this thing I've spent a ton of $$$ on and not being able to ride it. But since I've already misdiagnosed the coil, I dont want to make another $270 mistake.
View attachment 32255

I would check the tire pressure. Then I would get some Canadian vice grips and order some sikk graphics. Once that’s done I would start at the top and clean every ground contact point until the very last one. Then once I absolutely ruled it out I would go to the spark plug cap. After the cap to the stator assembly. Then so on and so forth. Here is a peak voltage adapter.
Voltage Peak Reading Adapter DVA Adapter For Multimeter Probes https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R3B6HYW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_WI4hCb6EDGQ93

You can probably find them at any auto parts store. Amazon is where I buy my limited use crapola.

I got the Peak Voltage Adapter, but I'm still not getting anywhere. I'm unable to see what the peak voltage is while I'm kicking it over, as it keeps dropping.
I have read that some meters have a min/max type of function where it will hold; not sure if mine does. I got the one below. Anyone know if i can do that with it? If not, how do I determine peak voltage?
screenshot-c.shld.net-2018-12-27-14-22-02-290.png