Amatuer Amature Racing 2012

James

Staff member
I may be hitting a few Off-Road rounds in 2012.:noidea: Maybe the Summer Night series.

Sponsors? - CDA Racing & CTR:thumb: Anyone else want to sponsor an old, fat, slow dude?
You going to take one or both of the Rack kids and enter into a race(s)?
250C LLQs is pretty hard anyway
:thumb: C can be very competitive, especially if you have sandbaggers.

I will race every month starting in feburary ending in november.
sponsored by AXO,Kal Gard, Spy, Factory Backing and my dads contracting company (Grace Enterprises)
my wr is hopefully getting a 270 Big bore and a Smart performance re-valve.

:thumb: Nice man! Thats pretty cool, are you doing AX or Dez this year, or both?

You going to take one or both of the Rack kids and enter into a race(s)?

:thumb: C can be very competitive, especially if you have sandbaggers.
Tell me about it :shocked: Just the local guys in 250C are cut throat, C is almost B now when you step up in the top 7 range :thumbsdown:

James

Staff member
Tell me about it :shocked: Just the local guys in 250C are cut throat, C is almost B now when you step up in the top 7 range :thumbsdown:
The lines are very blurred between C and B, I'd say that if/when you make it to B your competition is a lot closer/consistent. Plus IMO the main difference between A and B is your fitness level.

The lines are very blurred between C and B, I'd say that if/when you make it to B your competition is a lot closer/consistent. Plus IMO the main difference between A and B is your fitness level.

fitness is really the biggest difference between any class, think about that guy that was on a honda at the end of the MX season that came in from winning Loretta Lynn's. He did so well until about the 15 lap mark, then he fell back like 7 positions

fitness is really the biggest difference between any class, think about that guy that was on a honda at the end of the MX season that came in from winning Loretta Lynn's. He did so well until about the 15 lap mark, then he fell back like 7 positions

That does make alot of sense. It is true, you can be lighting fast, but for how many laps? If you crap out after just a couple your not gonna be sucessful.

in the desert series I race, the b class isn't that much faster than the c.
its just that they do it for 75 miles instead of 50

in the desert series I race, the b class isn't that much faster than the c.
its just that they do it for 75 miles instead of 50
In desert, a "C" rider is like a Novice and a "B" rider is like a Amiture. Big diff as to be comfortable riding right next to them at a high rate a speed trying to make a pass or not. trust me, you do not want to lock bars with a dude that cannot hold his line while tapped out across the desert :crash:

James

Staff member
To a certain extent (B - Pro/am), currently C is the lowest AMA class (unless you can find a track with a D class) and it's where all the new riders go. For example if you were to go race right now you'd be in the C class and in case you haven't noticed, there's a learning curve. :smirk:

To a certain extent (B - Pro/am), currently C is the lowest AMA class (unless you can find a track with a D class) and it's where all the new riders go. For example if you were to go race right now you'd be in the C class and in case you haven't noticed, there's a learning curve. :smirk:

yeah i'll show you a learning curve james :smirk:

In desert, a "C" rider is like a Novice and a "B" rider is like a Amiture. Big diff as to be comfortable riding right next to them at a high rate a speed trying to make a pass or not. trust me, you do not want to lock bars with a dude that cannot hold his line while tapped out across the desert :crash:

theres a lot of sand bagging here, there was a dude that won one of the c class races that was as fast in loop time as the 5th place b class... (250)

Thats cool Sean, Dez looks like alot of fun. It's one thing I want to do in my lifetime, also GNCC. They do have gnarly high speed wrecks, god rest Kargola. And yeah James, some serious learning curve :shocked: It ranges from D-B so there is alot of lapping going on in addition to balls out speed which cause wrecks. Gnarly wrecks :shocked: