2 Stroke 94rm80 bogs/stalls 4th 5th gear

What kind of screws? Hex head, Phillips head, Allen head? Stripped out? The threads and it just turns, or the head is stripped? Pictures always help. There are left-handed drill bits, easy outs, Irwin makes an awesome set of hex head Grabbers.

Last edited:

SRAD97750

Staff member
Would it still be usable like this?
OooF... That sucks man, my heart goes out to you. Replacement is your only option.
I always use an impact gun to avoid any possible damage when I don't have the correct tool. -BIG DAN:thumb:

SRAD97750

Staff member
I can confirm it is lefty loosy, righty tighty.
You either need a clutch basket holder tool or a big impact gun. -BIG DAN:thumb:

SRAD97750

Staff member
Would an engine lockup tool work?
I don't like anything that holds the rod or teeth of any kind.
The clutch basket holder looks like this...
459550-ebc-ct-clutch-removal-toolclutch-basket-holder-for-yamaha-ct020-unpainted_260.jpg
The inner hub tools are typically "Vice grip style," and not what you're looking for. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Well my budget allows replacement of the basket i broke and stuck with bad seal and same old problems or buy the tool and have no clutch...

No way to jerry rig something, hold flywheel on other side?

Well my budget allows replacement of the basket i broke and stuck with bad seal and same old problems or buy the tool and have no clutch...

No way to jerry rig something, hold flywheel on other side?
Nope not if you don't want to break something else!
Buy the tool!

Impact gun or clutch tool. I prefer the clutch tool so I can torque it to spec during installation. Also remember to bolt the new gear back on using red thread lock and letting it sit 24hours before it get wet with oil. After market baskets don't come with the gear in the back so more than likely you will end up with the oem.