2 Stroke 94rm80 bogs/stalls 4th 5th gear

If I damage anything else here I'm pretty much done for the most part, can't really get any more parts. If I screw up the teeth on primary gear I'm screwed,

I've jammed up the crank and applied loads of pressure trying to turn that thing left several times now and it doesn't budge, read another thread about a guy splitting cases removed primary gear and it was right to loosen, it was an RM80 but didn't say what year.

SRAD97750

Staff member
If I damage anything else here I'm pretty much done for the most part, can't really get any more parts. If I screw up the teeth on primary gear I'm screwed,

I've jammed up the crank and applied loads of pressure trying to turn that thing left several times now and it doesn't budge, read another thread about a guy splitting cases removed primary gear and it was right to loosen, it was an RM80 but didn't say what year.
Ok, I read that thread.
Fuck it. Try to the right!
Can't hurt anything now!!!

If it is LH threaded i'll be surprised, but it will only reaffirm that not having the manual is error #1.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Ok, I read that thread.
Fuck it. Try to the right!
Can't hurt anything now!!!

If it is LH threaded i'll be surprised, but it will only reaffirm that not having the manual is error #1.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Just called local Kawasaki shop, they looked in a service manual for the RM80r 94 and said its left handed. Funny thing is the Suzuki place couldn't tell me for sure, but one tech said he thought it was standard. I'm so lost.

Please somebody tell me in not delusional and this hole into the transmission was already there. That's for the oil to get into the transmission right?

Attachments

• IMG_20170112_124702.jpg
    IMG_20170112_124702.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 9
I swear everytime I look at it something else is broken, if you see just above that a little piece of the case broke, I thought I punched a hole into the transmission,

Just took my clutch cover in the house last night to change water pump seal and the water pump housing I just replaced has a small crack in it, not enough to leak yet but bad enough to break if too much pressure is applied, clutch cover itself suddenly popped up with a dent behind where the kick start goes leaving a small crack inside, again not enough to leak I don't think but might get worse with time.

Thing just does not want me to fix it I guess.

I swear everytime I look at it something else is broken, if you see just above that a little piece of the case broke, I thought I punched a hole into the transmission,

Just took my clutch cover in the house last night to change water pump seal and the water pump housing I just replaced has a small crack in it, not enough to leak yet but bad enough to break if too much pressure is applied, clutch cover itself suddenly popped up with a dent behind where the kick start goes leaving a small crack inside, again not enough to leak I don't think but might get worse with time.

Thing just does not want me to fix it I guess.

The problem is and like all of us ol'timers have learned is that the first tool you buy is a service manual. Don't worry we all tried it the same way you did but we didn't have the internet back then, we had libraries. Ordering parts didn't take a day or two it took 6 weeks and sometimes the whole summer if it was something special.
Be patient, take a breath, now wait until you can get a manual so you stop costing yourself more money.

Well OK, alright sounds right.

Just to double check that hole into the transmission I posted up above is supposed to be like that right? I thought I broke something trying to jam up the clutch basket.

Well OK, alright sounds right.

Just to double check that hole into the transmission I posted up above is supposed to be like that right? I thought I broke something trying to jam up the clutch basket.

I didn't see anything broke there, did you see any pieces parts laying inside anywhere? I'm sure you are allright.

OK, yeah just above the hole that goes into the tranny there is a lip on the case I guess for the clutch cover to rest on, I broke a small chunk off of there, you can see it in picture, the piece for it was laying on top of the kick start gear lucky it didn't fall into the tranny.