500cc's of Glory on youtube

I am not going to make this a CR or KX battle. Cuz I like them both. I like the power of the CR over the KX. This is about letting others know that a 500cc two stroke is a verry competative bike in any class or event and different racing styles. :prof:
Motor cross and hill climbing the cr is awesome. Shear 80+ mph across the desert, try and keep up on the cr.

James

Staff member
I am not going to make this a CR or KX battle. Cuz I like them both. I like the power of the CR over the KX. This is about letting others know that a 500cc two stroke is a verry competative bike in any class or event and different racing styles. :prof:
Sorry but there are very few classes that you can race a 500 in around here. For example can you race a 500 at Loretta's (amateur nationals)?

Most kids can't even use the full potential of a 250F (or 250 for that matter) so why would more power be the answer? If anything a 500 makes them slower as the shear power of it is intimating. Not to mention it tends to make them "bad" riders as correct form goes out the window as they can just power out on the exit of corners. That video you posted of the kid riding yours proves my point.

Ok whatever. Like I said This is not between the KX500 and CR500. But you sucked me into it. Yes the KX has more wins in the desert. The CR in the Motocross and hill climbs. The KX steel CHASSI and the KX's top end power made better suited to the desert. Every dyno chart I have show's the CR actually has more POWER than the KX stock. The Kx has a higher reving engine due to the pwer valve. Making the power freindlier and less explosive. I have every article of the two bikes in every mag from 1992- 2002. You should've bought that KX500af.

Sorry but there are very few classes that you can race a 500 in around here. For example can you race a 500 at Loretta's (amateur nationals)?

Most kids can't even use the full potential of a 250F (or 250 for that matter) so why would more power be the answer? If anything a 500 makes them slower as the shear power of it is intimating. Not to mention it tends to make them "bad" riders as correct form goes out the window as they can just power out on the exit of corners. That video you posted of the kid riding yours proves my point.
IF you earned enough pionts in your class to compete at Lorreta's I bet you could race it There.

Did you watch the John Dowd video? I bet if he was to earn enough pionts in his class or division he would be able to race His KX500 there. Check out the date when the video was taken. This was after he retired. He is a real priveteer now. Could he qualify with his KX500 :thinking: Without a dought..

James

Staff member
IF you earned enough pionts in your class to compete at Lorreta's I bet you could race it There.
You overlooked the second part of my post.

That's why I ride a big bike.... power to correct my lack of skill... :devil:
If it wasn't for a two stroke you wouldn't have any skill at all. Stick to the trails. If I had any of this kids skills and tallents I would not be sitting here fighting to make a great piont. I would be on the track proving it myself!

So when you watched the video of the used CR500 from craigslist perform as well as it did. All you could do is sit back and cut the CR500 steel chassi bike down? Whatever. For those who take the time and watch these video's I hope you enjoy them and say I CAN NOT BELEIVE THAT! I MUST TRY THIS OUT MYSELF.! I am looking for this Video of this kid on a 1994 KX500 if I remember correctly on a track in Texas.

If it wasn't for a two stroke you wouldn't have any skill at all. Stick to the trails. If I had any of this kids skills and tallents I would not be sitting here fighting to make a great piont. I would be on the track proving it myself!
I'm lost here...
I have owned both 2 and 4 strokes.
I do ride trails and woods...Not track2013-10-28 18.15.39.jpg

I'm lost here...
I have owned both 2 and 4 strokes.
I do ride trails and woods...Not trackView attachment 19537
You do not ride tracks? So why are you trying to make it appear like I have no idea of what I saying hear.? :picard: Did you watch the videos? Did you think they were entertaining? Do they not show that the CR500 and KX500's capabilities of raceing on motocross tracks? Against modern four strokes?