500cc's of Glory on youtube

:poke: WoW, There are a lot of veiwer's watching these video's. Well I hope they are anyway. But, not to many reply's. I think that maybe some are thinking. Why didn't I at least test out someone's 500cc two stroke. Before I bought my four stroke. :banghead: Maybe this is why the listing for 500cc have just about vannished. More and more riders are seeing that these 500cc two strokes really are a better bike. Now the trueth is being seen nobody is willing to let their 500 go. Plus all the CR and KX500af builds eliminate all the myths of the bike being heavy and bulky. Like the one I like best is for all those who say it is impossible to take the inside on the 500cc two stroke. Then come up with all kinds of excuses why the guy on the 500 took the inside line away. To be honest my 2000 CR500 steel frame holds the inside line better than my 2010 CR500af. Any throttle ajustment on the AF caused my front wheel to climb out of the rut. When exiting the rut. Do to it being lighter or its because of the steering damper. Just ride a CR500 even if its a steel chassi. Try to test on one with halfway decent suspension. Don't bother if you see that the suspension is verry soft and no rebound. The CR500 is the most Versital bike ever made!! :thumb:

:poke: WoW, There are a lot of veiwer's watching these video's. Well I hope they are anyway. But, not to many reply's. I think that maybe some are thinking. Why didn't I at least test out someone's 500cc two stroke. Before I bought my four stroke. :banghead: Maybe this is why the listing for 500cc have just about vannished. More and more riders are seeing that these 500cc two strokes really are a better bike. Now the trueth is being seen nobody is willing to let their 500 go. Plus all the CR and KX500af builds eliminate all the myths of the bike being heavy and bulky. Like the one I like best is for all those who say it is impossible to take the inside on the 500cc two stroke. Then come up with all kinds of excuses why the guy on the 500 took the inside line away. To be honest my 2000 CR500 steel frame holds the inside line better than my 2010 CR500af. Any throttle ajustment on the AF caused my front wheel to climb out of the rut. When exiting the rut. Do to it being lighter or its because of the steering damper. Just ride a CR500 even if its a steel chassi. Try to test on one with halfway decent suspension. Don't bother if you see that the suspension is verry soft and no rebound. The CR500 is the most Versital bike ever made!! :thumb:

I read on some forum that one guy though the 500cc craze was a fad. He was saying after a little hype people began to realize the 500 conversions were overrated. He posted that this too shall pass, referring to the 500cc fad.

I'll go search for that and post a link here.

How can it be overrated? Have you ever tried to race a CR500 or a CR500af in a race with racers you normally race against? Until you do it, it will never be overrated. You will see that a CR or KX500af change your mind. Take a 500cc PRACTICE with it HARD. Get used to the power and getting to the corners sooner than you ever expected. By the time your next race is you will be saying that your 450 is so overrated. Why would I keep spending my hard earned cash on trying to make more power on the 450. When the CR500af solves everybodies fears of the 500cc two stroke. What's the first thing you do to your bike to make more power? Buy a pipe right, How much did that cost you on your bike? Now you know once you start you want more. Go to the next thing, maybe a cam, valve job and everything connected to getting more power from your 450. Don't forget what you paid to buy the 450. Add it up. Now find a CR or KX500 on Craigslist or ebay buy it for 2 or 4 grand. Ride it and you will know that that bike has all the power and speed you ever wanted. You do not have to have any power increases.. Oh wait you have a CRF250 in the corner. Spend what maybe 2000 to Biuld your own CR500af. Buying a used CR or KX500 and building your own AF is so much cheeper. :banghead:

I was at one of my local tracks here in Central NY. The track is called Cato MX park. When I returned to my truck after exiting the track. I was followed by some young kid. He is only 18yrs old. He wanted to see if my bike was a CR500af. Others told him that there was one on the track. He wanted to know if it really was. He was so in shock of my bike. He left and came right back with his parents. He admired the bike so much I could not help but to ask him what is his current bike. He said a YZF250. I asked him what his skill level was and he said expert. I aked if he would like to ride it. He said HELL YA. So after checking with the kids parents to make sure it was ok with them and they said he could. I let him and I tape some of it with my crap camera. I will post the video soon. He and his parrents fell in love with my bike.! He said it handles so much better than his bike. I will do my best to post the video.

I don't have a 450, I have a 250 2t. It's an enduro bike. Now you want to talk about power and handling. WOW! This thing does great on an MX track. You don't need 500cc's to win. You just need talent. May I suggest you PM CDA and get some free talent :prof:

Below is a pic of all the horsepower, cc's or Talent one will ever need.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389455488.784319.jpg

@CDA

Your average rider does not need to add pipes and cams to 4 stroke. They cannot use most of that power to begin with. I'll admit that adding a pipe will spread the power around and make it more manageable. Even the supercross pros de-tune the 450s to be more manageable.

Now as I said before, I have owned and raced CR500s and KX500s. Currently rode a kx500 in November. To me and for the riding I do the kx500 will walk away from a cr500 all day.

I looked at getting a kx500af years ago but was not really practical for my riding at the time. I now would love to add a 300 smoker to the arsenal.

I don't have a 450, I have a 250 2t. It's an enduro bike. Now you want to talk about power and handling. WOW! This thing does great on an MX track. You don't need 500cc's to win. You just need talent. May I suggest you PM CDA and get some free talent :prof:

Below is a pic of all the horsepower, cc's or Talent one will ever need.

View attachment 19534

@CDA
I am full of talent. :smirk:

I am not going to make this a CR or KX battle. Cuz I like them both. I like the power of the CR over the KX. This is about letting others know that a 500cc two stroke is a verry competative bike in any class or event and different racing styles. :prof: