Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Amsoil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Rotella T6

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
i need to be able to pick multiple options.

in my KTM i run motorx but in my wifes and sons bike i run rotella

every 10 hours i change oil.

In my klx i use Mobile 1 .... Motorcyle oil....No desired time really... When it looks nasty i change it... And i change filter everytime.

I was actually talking to a Team Green guy today... 40 yr engine builder etc etc...
currently involved in some offroad stuff for Baja and moonlighting building bombs for a Zook dealership..... I called him to get some 1 off zook parts and started telling him about Hollywoods RMZ and stuff... I also told him I was gonna run Rotella in it and he damn near reached through the phone and smacked me... then he started yelling at me about mesh factors and sheer continuity and stuff... in a nutshell he told me I was insane for not running motorcycle specific tranny rated engine oil.... so I'm not using Rotella in the boys bike..... I gave me a few choice brands to use... but stressed I should be using synthetics in a MX bike with a combined tranny and crankcase.

James

Staff member
I was actually talking to a Team Green guy today... 40 yr engine builder etc etc...
currently involved in some offroad stuff for Baja and moonlighting building bombs for a Zook dealership..... I called him to get some 1 off zook parts and started telling him about Hollywoods RMZ and stuff... I also told him I was gonna run Rotella in it and he damn near reached through the phone and smacked me... then he started yelling at me about mesh factors and sheer continuity and stuff... in a nutshell he told me I was insane for not running motorcycle specific tranny rated engine oil.... so I'm not using Rotella in the boys bike..... I gave me a few choice brands to use... but stressed I should be using synthetics in a MX bike with a combined tranny and crankcase.
What does he not like about it? You do realize that it is JASO MA (motorcycle) certified right?
http://www-static.shell.com/static/can-en/downloads/shell_for_businesses/oils_lubricants/1-53.pdf

What does he not like about it? You do realize that it is JASO MA (motorcycle) certified right?
http://www-static.shell.com/static/can-en/downloads/shell_for_businesses/oils_lubricants/1-53.pdf

That's what I said and his reply was it doesn't meet the requirements for the trans on race bikes. I heard the same thing before but I used the oil anyway in my TTR.... I imagine it's good for the big street bikes as there gears bath in oil and ours kinda just pull the oil through. :no idea: