4 stroke oil

James

Staff member
Would the oil come out the breather hose when the bike is running or motor off? So could i start the bike up and let it idle, and see if the oil appears ?
Oh and should i start a new thread on boots..? Cause i would like to get some advice.
Yes when it's running, might take a little bit though. Whatever's still in the hose will drip out after it's turned off. Also make sure that the end of you overflow hoses aren't plugged.

It's best to keep it one topic per thread, so yeah a new thread for the boots. :thumb:
Interesting, never seen that one.
The newer kawis have 2 drain bolts i think.
My 05 actually has a second drain plug under the skid plate, however I never use it.

The little searching I did, also said that the RMZ has 2 drain plugs also. I would park that thing until you get a manual. Or at the very minimum, find the second drain plug, because it sounds like you have it over filled.

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Race-Shop,42/08-rmz250-oil-problem,853657

so ive rode hondas since the whole 4stroke revolution but after a broken crankcase on my 09 450, my fiancee went and bought me a 08 rmz 250 to ride for now while my honda gets fixed. lucky me,. anyways this sounds so dumb and im ashamed that i even have to ask but when i change the oil on the suzuki i remove the 2 drain plugs and the tdc plug and the screen and oil filter cover to drain it all. i then pour in the 950ml of oil it recomends then i continue by doing a level check with the allen bolt on the right side of the crankcase and when i remove it after letting it idle a few minutes then sit a few minutes, it seems like atleast 700ml of oil pours out of the hole. whats going on? i dont think im a complete idiot but im worried about it. ...please dont bash me too hard lol