4 stroke oil

1.5 minutes and then a 10 minute sit isn't enough warm up time. My bike takes 1.1 lieters of oil, so i just use 1 since some gets left in there anyway through the change. I run my bike about 5 minutes then do it right after. The other thing is you need to make sure to open up the air screw to let it properly flow or open up the cap on your case you pour the oil in.

Ah ok fair enough. How long would it take for a 250f to overheat? I opened the filler cap, air screw ?

If you aren't sure if you have enough oil in it DON'T START IT!!!

Is there an oil sight glass, if so check it. If not make sure all your oil is out then fill it back up. Check your manual (or search online) for how much is needed and fill it with that amount. FYI you'll typically have 3 different fill amounts; dry, with oil filter change, and without oil filter change.
I did an oil change, undid drain cap and fill cap, emptied it, tilting the bike to try to get it all out, then refilled with the recomended 900ml, and put the both bolt and cap back on. Started great, smoked a tiny bit when the choke was turned off and the throttle a bit open but pretty sure thats fairly normal. Seems fine. Went for a ride, sounded and felt smoother than before. Next to no bog (i was trying 5th where it should of been 3rd), sounded nice, and noticeably less backfiring when no throttle rolling down a hill.

I got out only 150ml... Yikes I know. Dunno what wheight, all i know is i only got 150ml of black brown green oil out my bike..

Best reccomendation if it happens again is pour that much clean oil back in, put it back together and fire it up to warm up for a much longer period of time :thumb: Glad its all working for you. Have a pic of your bike?

I'm willing to bet it had the right amount in and it was just too cold/nasty to flow out properly, and now you are too full. CHECK THE LEVEL IN THE SIGHT GLASS!

Best reccomendation if it happens again is pour that much clean oil back in, put it back together and fire it up to warm up for a much longer period of time :thumb: Glad its all working for you. Have a pic of your bike?

Yeah i'll try that. Many thanks :thumb:! Yes i do, it's just im on i phone and i havn't got the tapatalk forum app yet which i need ! Are you on facebook with the DBA page ?

I'm willing to bet it had the right amount in and it was just too cold/nasty to flow out properly, and now you are too full. CHECK THE LEVEL IN THE SIGHT GLASS!

Ah... Ok. Before i look it's the sight glass behind your right leg? Will too full cause any problems, other than a draggy clutch ? (which i havn't got)

James

Staff member
1.5 minutes and then a 10 minute sit isn't enough warm up time. My bike takes 1.1 lieters of oil, so i just use 1 since some gets left in there anyway through the change. I run my bike about 5 minutes then do it right after. The other thing is you need to make sure to open up the air screw to let it properly flow or open up the cap on your case you pour the oil in.
:confused: What about the air screw?
I got out only 150ml... Yikes I know. Dunno what wheight, all i know is i only got 150ml of black brown green oil out my bike..
A few weeks ago I also suffered a massive oil leak. I'd changed the oil and filter, but the filter cover lip had gotten a little bent and started losing oil. I ended up losing ~75% of my oil. :shocked: Thankfully I caught it before it seized.
Ah... Ok. Before i look it's the sight glass behind your right leg? Will too full cause any problems, other than a draggy clutch ? (which i havn't got)
Not all bikes have a sight glass, but if it does have one, it'd probably be by your right leg (Clutch cover).

If it's too full (and your breather hose is plugged) it can blow out a seal, otherwise it should just come out of the breather hose.

Yeah i'll try that. Many thanks :thumb:! Yes i do, it's just im on i phone and i havn't got the tapatalk forum app yet which i need ! Are you on facebook with the DBA page ?
Yes I am actually, Ray Suppan :thumb:
:confused: What about the air screw?
My bike has an air screw under the base of the front fender inbetween the frame. You take it out for your oil to drain faster.