4 stroke oil

atleast a liter of oil, maybe more. What does your manual say?

I don't have one, need to find one. Why would there be only 150ml?? We run the motor for about 1 and a half minutes, ten minutes before the oil change. Did the garage that serviced it only put a tiny amount of oil in when i had it serviced...

Wait i warmed the bike up with the choke on for a minute or so, then stopped the engine, as just after the engine stopped (split second) it backfired, mabe because istopped it while the choke was on. Left it for a bit to go get some paper towel, came back and wanted to start it, 3 kicks didn't start, (usually in 1-3) so i thought il leave it and do the change. Not sure wether just because it was warm or ive done something bad. Please God make it be alright !!!

She has brand new oil anyway, Im gona start er and may go for a ride. Il be back on later to let you guys know..
Anyone know if lack of oil could of damaged it, like worn it down or something, even though it hasn't blown? Ok thanks for the help, speak later, wish my bike luck.

James

Staff member
If you aren't sure if you have enough oil in it DON'T START IT!!!

Is there an oil sight glass, if so check it. If not make sure all your oil is out then fill it back up. Check your manual (or search online) for how much is needed and fill it with that amount. FYI you'll typically have 3 different fill amounts; dry, with oil filter change, and without oil filter change.

1.5 minutes and then a 10 minute sit isn't enough warm up time. My bike takes 1.1 lieters of oil, so i just use 1 since some gets left in there anyway through the change. I run my bike about 5 minutes then do it right after. The other thing is you need to make sure to open up the air screw to let it properly flow or open up the cap on your case you pour the oil in.