2 cycle oil

which word do you like better? from what my friends say who are going to save the world by putting amsoil on everything (including bagels and waffels), it is heavier in detergent and is suposedly better for keeping your powervalves free. if i was going to run it at 50 to 1 I would probably be interested in that.

Last edited:
I refuse to use amsoil. You are better off with walmart super tech. Same stuff and 10% the price of scamsoil.
Yamaha will not warranty any equipment that the owner has used amsoil in. I have yet to find a manufacturer that will warranty or recommend amsoil in their equipment. Race teams endorse them because it pays their bills.
Find an oil that's readily available and stick to it.

I don't exactly have anything against the product. years back my first experience with it didnt go all that good, but that aside, the reason I got turned off of it to begin with was the people who got involved in selling it. LOL, my good friends!! It reminded me of AMWAY and what that does to people!!

Last edited:
I have seen engines with about everything available run in them. If they are jetted wrong they come apart dirtier than they should. If they are run too lean for the way the bike was ridden they wear out or weldup. And that doesnt matter which brand of about 20 that is used. I think people expect oils to "save the bike from the owner". The owner stresses about it and makes claims or points blame. In that respect it doesn't matter whether it is in the gear box, the crankcase, the injector, or mixed with the fuel.

Well said , easy to blame ... castrol 2t power s is my choice ..... $ 14.00 qt. Found 2 cases , 12 qts. Paid $ 40.00 case . use it in everything , 40 : 1 weedeaters , chainsaws , all bikes , Hon. Kaw , Yam. , Suz. , ktm. Yea , got one of those .. no problems , or spooge. 50 cc up to 250 cc just good stuff ....

Not as far as I know, although by now he may have already left "his house", last I know is he was shifting stuff about in prep of heading back to CA maybe? :noidea: Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?.....Beuller???? :smirk: