2 cycle oil

Ah, I try to support my local shops on stuff like oil, tubes, grips etc. All the smalls they carry. If they have to order it then I may go with the big guys.

I give the locals first try on everything. Two of the shops try to work with me. but if they dont have it I usually just do online. on tires it is a shipping thing. i have several friends so we generally get up an order and the trucking freight out of seattle isnt so bad when you can come up with several hundred pounds on a pallet.

My Husky uses mineral oil in the clutch, hard to find at a moto shop but you can go to a pharmacy.
I had the magura hydraulic clutch for my bike. I thought the same thing about the pharmacy store. When I used the mineral oil from the pharmscy I hadnothing but issues with my clutch. I beleive it was do to the mineral oil I purchased from the pharmacy. I could be wrong, but from my expience with the pharmacy mineral oil is not what you want. Maybe someone else could tell us if the mineral oils are the same or not.

It would not bleed verry well. When I got it to bleed it would slowly start to fade. Then it started to leak so I checked the seals.They looked to be swallon. I had no choice but to reinstauhl my cable.

I can tell you they are not the same. :prof:
I was in a pinch, out in the desert for extended weekend. No local shops had any and I was dry, it was already night. I called my buddy that had not left his house yet and told him to hit the Walgreens on the way out of town. Worked all weekend fine. However, the Moto/Spectra stuff for Magura has additives in it. It will work in a pinch just not the long haul. However, if you had a clean system and used it at 100% pure, it might be ok. :thumb:

There are at least two different mineral oil types. I know there are more. I can only remember two of them. (Paraffin, and naphtha.) I guess it would be wise to see what type the Magura oil is. Naphtha is used in mild conditioning soaps (my knowledge anyway), and some skin softener s. Of the two the paraffin based one is probably best for the clutch cylinder. In a lab I remember naphtha going off more actively than parrifin. I don't know why they aren't using a seal that can live with ATF or standard hydraulic fluid.