2 cycle oil

As some of you know I recently purchased my RM125. The previous owner was using Klotz. My question to the board is should I keep using the Klotz or would it be ok to change over to Amsoil?

You get some pretty strong answers to that question. I have used both of the oils you mentioned and don't anymore. Not that they are not acceptable at all. There are lots of good products available. You can get about as long of engine life with one as you can the other. Pick one that is convenient to get and jet for it. Swapping around isn't desireable to me.

Doesn't matter

YES IT DOES.!! DO YOU THINK THE SAME WAY WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR BIKE??

I also did not like Klotz. I have always had good luck with Spectrol SX 32:1 synthetic. It is real clean burning oil. Honda HP2 is verry close to Spectrol. But, I also liked Maxima Formula K2. I have never tried Amsoil.

It really doesn't matter... smells and smoke will differ but any of them will work. I have run redline, torco, lucas, castrol, amsoil, spectro, shell, super tech in kdx80, cr250, yz85, 200exc. None had an issue, I prefer the amsoil interceptor though. Mix the ratio recommended by the book, and jet it right.

I run Yamalube R2 for the mix and Honda in the Trans on my YZ's. Why? Because RMMC has it on sale every once and a while, it goes in a Yamaha, And I prefer to stick with the same oils like you previous owner did. Would it hurt to change? No! just mix the gas and run it, tune to your area and you're good.

OK. Done deal. I'm going to Amsoil. Can't find Klotz here. Amsoil=$9.99 and convenient. Next question - Dominator or Interceptor? I was going to go with the Dominator.

Last edited:
OK. Done deal. I'm going to Amsoil. Can't find Klotz here. Amsoil=$9.99 and convenient. Next question - Dominator or Interceptor?

Pro Honda, Yamalube, Bell Ray all on sale..
10% off and Yamalube only 9.99 a bottle at RMMC. 49.00 > free shipping. Enter code SAVE10WEB at checkout. Good to March 31st.:thumb: