Other 1999 WR400F

could be worse...... I could be the father of your grandchildren.... :banana::whip::icecream::ride::drool:

Well, I wouldn't find that worse. If she would have snuck out the window to your house and got knocked up you probably wouldn't have bailed to S/Dekota claiming keeping the baby is going to ruin your life. Then there is the new guy she is shacked up with... What a pile of phucking shit he is. So Mike, there is no way in hell you would be worse! :hug:
Took the WR out to the dez today, put about 25-30 miles on it.
LOVE the wide ratio transmission. Also really like the 4-stroke throttle response, and it has good power.
Noticeably heavier than the YZ but still feels very manageable.
This bike should work for awhile...time to tear the YZ down now.
RMATV is selling a WR 3-5 kit for YZ's now. All OEM and $385.00, Worth it on a YZ if you are desert rider.

RMATV is selling a WR 3-5 kit for YZ's now.

That felt about right. I was comparing it to the YZ the entire time today (they're the same year) and was thinking the YZ would be cool with the top-end this one has. I bet the 2 trans' would swap out as well.
But for 385 it can wait...

Well, I wouldn't find that worse. If she would have snuck out the window to your house and got knocked up you probably wouldn't have bailed to S/Dekota claiming keeping the baby is going to ruin your life. Then there is the new guy she is shacked up with... What a pile of phucking shit he is. So Mike, there is no way in hell you would be worse! :hug:

RMATV is selling a WR 3-5 kit for YZ's now. All OEM and $385.00, Worth it on a YZ if you are desert rider.

Ya know I a lurves ya Big Daddy

Man I am whooped!
Spent the morning at the MX park with the WR, and the kiddo on his CR80. That shit is so much fun I'm surprised it ain't illegal.
The WR was awesome. Love that low-end torque, and especially like that kick-stand!
And like I mentioned before about just blipping the throttle right before a jump, well if thats cheating, then I am a cheating SOB.
I flew farther and higher than ever before, and as a bonus, I'm gonna make it to work tomorrow :banana:.
Unlike the other older dude that drove 3 hours from Lake Havasu only to leave in an ambulance with double tib-fibs, one of them compounded. Ouch!

The only thing I need to worry about now is how to catch the boy. Either he has some talent, or he is really lucky. I'm gonna go with the latter. But he gets around that track faster than I do in most spots. And I cleaned off plenty of his roost today.

I do have one question regarding the WR and the YZ though; and its about neutral.
I can never find it when I need it, but have noticed on both bikes that I often find it when I dont want to, usually somewhere on the track, and at the least opportune time.
Do these bikes of this vintage have issues with the trans and this issue I speak of, and if so is there a fix, or is it just me?
When I first got the YZ I figured it was just me, but now that the WR does the same thing, I figured I would ask.

Man I am whooped!
Spent the morning at the MX park with the WR, and the kiddo on his CR80. That shit is so much fun I'm surprised it ain't illegal.
The WR was awesome. Love that low-end torque, and especially like that kick-stand!
And like I mentioned before about just blipping the throttle right before a jump, well if thats cheating, then I am a cheating SOB.
I flew farther and higher than ever before, and as a bonus, I'm gonna make it to work tomorrow :banana:.
Unlike the other older dude that drove 3 hours from Lake Havasu only to leave in an ambulance with double tib-fibs, one of them compounded. Ouch!

The only thing I need to worry about now is how to catch the boy. Either he has some talent, or he is really lucky. I'm gonna go with the latter. But he gets around that track faster than I do in most spots. And I cleaned off plenty of his roost today.

I do have one question regarding the WR and the YZ though; and its about neutral.
I can never find it when I need it, but have noticed on both bikes that I often find it when I dont want to, usually somewhere on the track, and at the least opportune time.
Do these bikes of this vintage have issues with the trans and this issue I speak of, and if so is there a fix, or is it just me?
When I first got the YZ I figured it was just me, but now that the WR does the same thing, I figured I would ask.

That's just about any bike out there. Always finding neutral when you don't want to. Often enough it's just how you are riding. The edge of the boot or the tip of your toe is clipping the the shifter. It will go away with a little more time.

Spent the morning at the MX park with the kiddo again. He's getting good.
The bike started pinging on heavy acceleration around late-morning though.
What are y'all's thoughts on this?

Spent the morning at the MX park with the kiddo again. He's getting good.
The bike started pinging on heavy acceleration around late-morning though.
What are y'all's thoughts on this?

Running lean... detonation. If the bike had had some head work and porting at one time you might have to run race gas. There should be a mark on the cylinder or head indicating who did the work and to what point.

The highest grade I can get here at the pump is 91 octane.
I have in the past run a couple few gallons of 100 low lead for the premix in the kids CR, but I think this tank is the 91 octane premium.

As an aside, this thing has the OE style automatic cam chain tensioner in it. It is my intention to replace this with a Krieger manual version very soon.

The highest grade I can get here at the pump is 91 octane.
I have in the past run a couple few gallons of 100 low lead for the premix in the kids CR, but I think this tank is the 91 octane premium.

As an aside, this thing has the OE style automatic cam chain tensioner in it. It is my intention to replace this with a Krieger manual version very soon.
I wouldn't worry too much about the tensioner itself but if history is unknown I'd probably do a top end and replace timing chain/tensioner

I wouldn't worry too much about the tensioner itself but if history is unknown I'd probably do a top end and replace timing chain/tensioner
I'm gonna start with the manual tensioner cuz I know damn well that is what went kaboom and grenaded my KLX.