Other 1999 WR400F

Will not idle = the pilot circuit needs to have the ethanol cleared from it.

I loves the yamalube carb and dip stuff. Have three quarts in a plastic coffee jug and can soak a carb in it with ease. Take it completely apart, soak for 4-6 hours, wash main body with pressure washer, tooth brush followed up with compressed air and WD-40 and compressed air again. Small parts just get rinsed off with hose, WD-40 and dried off.
Carb comes out like new.

I loves the yamalube carb and dip stuff. Have three quarts in a plastic coffee jug and can soak a carb in it with ease. Take it completely apart, soak for 4-6 hours, wash main body with pressure washer, tooth brush followed up with compressed air and WD-40 and compressed air again. Small parts just get rinsed off with hose, WD-40 and dried off.
Carb comes out like new.

Or just keep adding seafoam and changing oil brands until it runs better. :stirthepot:

Clean and adjust dat carb
I'm gonna do that eventually. Just not too excited to start the process cuz this carb has all sorts of extra things hanging off it. It's even got a neat little red hot-start button. I was told it's for losers that lay their bikes down at the track :wave:.
This carb aint simple like the rest of my bikes thats fosho.

was it dark out?
Almost. Sun had been down for 20 minutes.

I think I just need to turn in the idle screw actually, when I find it. It runs pretty good otherwise.

Or just keep adding seafoam and changing oil brands until it runs better.
I'll add a can of Seafoam to my list of things to get. I have always been partial to JB Engine Tune though.

We'll probably load up and head to the desert today for a real test ride. The kiddo wants to go to the track tomorrow so I'm thinking I should get some seat time in first.

I'm gonna do that eventually. Just not too excited to start the process cuz this carb has all sorts of extra things hanging off it. It's even got a neat little red hot-start button. I was told it's for losers that lay their bikes down at the track :wave:.
This carb aint simple like the rest of my bikes thats fosho.

Almost. Sun had been down for 20 minutes.

I think I just need to turn in the idle screw actually, when I find it. It runs pretty good otherwise.

I'll add a can of Seafoam to my list of things to get. I have always been partial to JB Engine Tune though.

We'll probably load up and head to the desert today for a real test ride. The kiddo wants to go to the track tomorrow so I'm thinking I should get some seat time in first.

seafoam marine is really awesome stuff..

Took the WR out to the dez today, put about 25-30 miles on it.
LOVE the wide ratio transmission. Also really like the 4-stroke throttle response, and it has good power.
Noticeably heavier than the YZ but still feels very manageable.
This bike should work for awhile...time to tear the YZ down now.

Took the WR out to the dez today, put about 25-30 miles on it.
LOVE the wide ratio transmission. Also really like the 4-stroke throttle response, and it has good power.
Noticeably heavier than the YZ but still feels very manageable.
This bike should work for awhile...time to tear the YZ down now.
They're keepers. :ride: