Other 1999 WR400F

I used to hang with a modified driver back in the day.
He had an older 1-ton Chev dually that he used to haul his race car around with. He would spend all his money on that race car, and to hell with the hauler.
I remember one night driving to the track thinking there was no way those rotors we're gonna make it. We we're going down this hill, race car in tow, and when he hit the front brakes the front of that truck shook like no other vehicle I have ever been in, ever to this day. I thought for sure we were gonna die, the rotors were that warped.
But they held together for I dont know how many more trips like that afterwards...
And he looked a bit like the guy above too :lol:

Billy is bald now, so the mullet isn't the same. His car is now called a "late model', still has a tow rig that shakes like a guy with the clap pissing.

Got the rotor today, slapped it on with new pads and it's all good. I was gonna throw in new wheel bearings and seals but they delivered the wrong ones.

After buttoning it all back up and a quickie test ride around the block I noticed that the exhaust pipe was glowing red ever so slightly right at the head. Probably wouldn't have even noticed it if it wasn't getting dark.
I also dont smell that rich smell at the tailpipe.

Is this normal?
Note: I haven't been into the carb yet and I've only ridden it 2-3 times since I got it. Just been fixing all the stupid little things first.
Also - It didn't appear to be over-heating, coolant overflow wasn't bubbling, and it sounded normal.

Last edited:
Alright then, 90 seconds is about what it was running after I test drove it.
Was trying to see if it would idle, and it wouldn't.