Other 1993 Yamaha WR500 Teardown/Overhaul

SRAD97750

Staff member
White headlight hood
Yeah, it's just temporary...
... I'm going to paint this hood white. The red was just a cheap primer I had lying around.
View attachment 21482
A photoshopping of the headlight. Again, the hood will be white.
I'm getting the ADVMonster Flood and Spot light LED headlights. 7 CREE LEDS, Together a claimed 6300Lumens. With my headlamps on the helmet at 900 lumens each... This should be a potent night rider....
View attachment 21484

-BIG DAN:thumb:

SRAD97750

Staff member
How many teeth is that rear sprocket?
That's a 44 rear with a 16 front... 2.75:1
Currently tops mid 90's with a cruise of 67mph at 1/8th throttle in 5th.
All the roads here in Apple Valley are 55mph and up, so I have my "long legs" installed.
It's tough in the rock gardens, but not unbearable. -BIG DAN:thumb:

That's a 44 rear with a 16 front... 2.75:1
Currently tops mid 90's with a cruise of 67mph at 1/8th throttle in 5th.
All the roads here in Apple Valley are 55mph and up, so I have my "long legs" installed.
It's tough in the rock gardens, but not unbearable. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Wow....I hadn't noticed that, the rear sprocket looks bout the same size as the brake rotor.guess the motor has the nuts to turn that little sprocket.

41 Hours on the clock, I'm headed for a top end inspection in a ride or two. :thumb:
Just look at how greasy she is... I have been doing the damn thing...

View attachment 23909

View attachment 23910

View attachment 23911

View attachment 23912

View attachment 23913

View attachment 23914

View attachment 23915

View attachment 23916

View attachment 23917

Can't wait to finish the Headlight assembly with High Powered LEDs... Paint it white and whatnot...

I eagerly await the inspection report. I wish FCR would have sent your forks back with white or red FCR stickers. Oh well looks good anyway. :thumb:

SRAD97750

Staff member
Wow....I hadn't noticed that, the rear sprocket looks bout the same size as the brake rotor.guess the motor has the nuts to turn that little sprocket.
She has nuts to spare.
There is alot of clutch action and you can't easily shift without the clutch, as it sits.

I also have a 13X52 (4:1) set-up and 7 ratio set-ups in between. I am putting together a speed/ratio chart showing me which gearing to throw on for the particular ride in question. -BIG DAN:thumb:

She has nuts to spare.
There is alot of clutch action and you can't easily shift without the clutch, as it sits.

I also have a 13X52 (4:1) set-up and 7 ratio set-ups in between. I am putting together a speed/ratio chart showing me which gearing to throw on for the particular ride in question. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Like the pro's do! :thumb:

SRAD97750

Staff member
Brought her out of storage thanksgiving weekend. Probably sat for 2 years
Started 4th kick. Shows 110 hours on the meter since this rebuild.

Pipe is completely cracked again. Now we have a tig welder, might give it a shot.
Idle surges once warmed up, so I have a crack somewhere letting air in at idle.
Hoping to get riding again this season.

Brought her out of storage thanksgiving weekend. Probably sat for 2 years
Started 4th kick. Shows 110 hours on the meter since this rebuild.

Pipe is completely cracked again. Now we have a tig welder, might give it a shot.
Idle surges once warmed up, so I have a crack somewhere letting air in at idle.
Hoping to get riding again this season.
Sweet! I remember the build you did on that bad boy and riding with you.