Other 1993 Yamaha WR500 Teardown/Overhaul

James

Staff member
:blush: Yeah... how embarrassing... I have cleaned it twice and once it goes back on the bike I see more cleaning I could do. How is it that it looks totally clean in the sink/parts wash but as soon as it gets back on the bike it looks like garbage???
Probably pull it off and clean it again, then PLEXUS/PLEDGE/WAX that bish tonight. It's gotta get better....
I think that has to do with the fact that everything looks cleaner when the plastic/rubber stuff is wet. Then once it's dry you see everything you missed. :lol::foul:

SRAD97750

Staff member
Thanks everybody for the kind words! I really love it as well. It's hard to not stop and stare everytime I walk past it.

It will almost be a shame to take it out and ride it, for fear of scratching it.
I am going to take it out and thrash it. This dirtbike is meant to be ridden!!!
But I plan on washing it after every ride with med-hi pressure washer, and polishing with some CTR technique. The powdercoat should come back to a perfect finish everytime. :thumb:-BIG DAN

Thanks everybody for the kind words! I really love it as well. It's hard to not stop and stare everytime I walk past it.

I am going to take it out and thrash it. This dirtbike is meant to be ridden!!!
But I plan on washing it after every ride with med-hi pressure washer, and polishing with some CTR technique. The powdercoat should come back to a perfect finish everytime. :thumb:-BIG DAN

Yeah it looks like you washed the bike prior to the build like maybe once in a NEVER. :lol:

I think you should get a purple and yellow set of graphics like the ones on the YZ's back in the day
1994_yz250.jpg

Retro graphics would be cool. However Im kinda fond of the plain Jane clean look too. Or you could do like I have done and dress her up with all the free decals that come with all the new parts youve invested into your bike. Thats what Ive done with my bike. Im sporting FMF, Boyesen, Wiseco, Motul, Motion Pro, Race Tech, and CTR graphics. It kinda has that old school race look. I figure it really doesnt matter what you do to it. That machine is gonna be sick looking no matter what.

SRAD97750

Staff member
Getting down to little tweaks and finalizations. Working on decals with my dad, and still waiting on my rear rim in the mail.

New NGK BR8ES, fuel/vent/drain tubes, and some HP decals...
002.JPG

003.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

Yamaha's magical air chamber of hidden horsepower installed. And my cooling fins look like they are singing with joy!
008.JPG

New hoses for the crankcase vent, fuel line, and carburetor overboard drains.
009.JPG

010.JPG

New hoses installed.
011.JPG

All drains overboard!
012.JPG

Here's an out-of-focus image of my stator cover replacement. Not sure if it'll end up powdercoated, or just remain a rattle can job. :noidea:
017.JPG

Installered!
018.JPG

020.JPG

-BIG DAN:thumb: