Other 1993 Yamaha WR500 Teardown/Overhaul

SRAD97750

Staff member
Prepped the axles for wheels...

001.JPG

009.JPG

On Recommendation, I PLEDGED the crap out of my airbox. Kinda worked... But that's as good as it's going to get.
002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

Installed footpegs.
006.JPG

New exhaust gaskets and springs!
010.JPG

014.JPG

Polished pipe. If you look back in the beginning of this thread you can see how far she has come. Lots of man hours on this one. Still not near perfect, but good enough for me!!!
011.JPG

The muffler I got Christmas day that started this entire rebuild. It was just too shiny to install on the dirty ass WR. Now it almost looks mediocre in comparison!!! :smirk:
015.JPG

016.JPG

018.JPG

020.JPG

021.JPG

-BIG DAN:thumb:

SRAD97750

Staff member
I have a Sparky Cobra SA I'm cleaning up for installation. It was about $35 on ebay 4 years ago... Might get a new one just for kicks.

442468.jpg

Kinda dorky looking but very functional. I have a FMF screen insert with billet ring that says forest approved that Id send you to custom fab in, But I fear it has too big of a diameter. What is your exhaust diameter, no homo.
0000_FMF_Titanium_Powercore_Spark_Arrestor_Screen.jpg

SRAD97750

Staff member
My exhaust pipe is "forward assembled," meaning the hardware for disassembly is at the front of the muffler. The OD of my muffler is 70mm or 2.75." thanks for the offer either way! -BIG DAN:thumb:

This would jus t be something you would slip into the end and secure with a screw through the end of the pipe. Its made for a much bigger pipe though.

SRAD97750

Staff member
Hooked up the clutch cable. Found there has been a clip missing the entire time I've owned it. So I fashioned one from the little wrench they give you with the harbor freight pop rivit gun. It fit perfectly. :thumb:

004.JPG

Assembled the carburetor slide
002.JPG

I'm a habitual cleaner... If it hasn't been run with perfect result in the last month, I clean it.
006.JPG

New throttle adjustment screw set.
007.JPG

She's a purty bitch now!
008.JPG

009.JPG

011.JPG

Front fender installed.
012.JPG

013.JPG

014.JPG

015.JPG

Engine scoop installed
017.JPG

018.JPG

Chifter installed
019.JPG

New OEM air filter fits the bill perfectly. I have been amazed at how many OEM components come from yamaha in BLACK.
023.JPG

025.JPG

Rear rim is on backorder.... So we wait for that... ETA next week hopefully...
ALMOST DONE:wiggle: