Other 1993 Yamaha WR500 Teardown/Overhaul

SRAD97750

Staff member
OK. So....
Tomorrow is the due date for my back-ordered EXCEL Black 18" 36 hole Colorworks Rear Rim. 8/7/13

If it doesn't show up either at the dealer, or at my doorstep... I have decided to source it myself.
I found one online and had the lady take pictures of it so I was assured they actually had one in stock.
Price is similar, and I can have it over-nighted for free.

EITHER WAY, COME MONDAY, THE 1993 YAMAHA WR500ZE WILL ROLL AFTER 8 LONG MONTHS IN MAINTENANCE.
:ride::busted::thumb::cry: :ride::busted::thumb::cry: :ride::busted::thumb::cry: :ride::busted::thumb::cry: :wiggle: :wiggle:
:ride::busted::thumb::cry: :ride::busted::thumb::cry: :ride::busted::thumb::cry: :ride::busted::thumb::cry: :wiggle: :wiggle:
:ride::busted::thumb::cry: :ride::busted::thumb::cry: :ride::busted::thumb::cry: :ride::busted::thumb::cry::wiggle: :wiggle:
-BIG DAN

SRAD97750

Staff member
Purchased a rim from Dennis Kirk, due at my house sometime between wednesday-friday.
:wiggle: Searching the recent listings for this rim (used on 25+ different bikes), most go for much more than I paid for either of these. Looks like I'll profit on the resale of the extra rim.

So, the WR will be ready by the time it's 100* out again. :thumb::picard:
Just in time for this fall/winter season! :wiggle:
-BIG DAN

So, the WR will be ready by the time it's 100* out again. :thumb::picard:
-BIG DAN

Four words

Night ride, dawn patrol.

Just make sure to tell someone where you are going if it will be a solo ride and bring enough water to survive the daytime heat should there be a problem. It's not that I doubt your mechanical skills, it's just a good idea in general.

However, you have one important task before the first ride. Take a bunch of pics because it's a dirt bike and they have a way of not looking pristine for long.

SRAD97750

Staff member
Four words

Night ride, dawn patrol.

Just make sure to tell someone where you are going if it will be a solo ride and bring enough water to survive the daytime heat should there be a problem. It's not that I doubt your mechanical skills, it's just a good idea in general.

However, you have one important task before the first ride. Take a bunch of pics because it's a dirt bike and they have a way of not looking pristine for long.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY! -BIG DAN:thumb:

You don't need a rear tire to do heat cycles. You did some heat cycles right Dan? That way all you have is a couple of "load" heat cycles left and it's WFO out the back and into the hills! :thumb: