2 Stroke 1988 Honda Cr250r

Nice thread, I was just going thru it and noticed nobody commented on the 120 psi compression reading. To answer your question, that is low, and it is low enough to start giving you problems such as hard starting. You are probably going to be replacing the piston and rings at least, quite soon.

Nice thread, I was just going thru it and noticed nobody commented on the 120 psi compression reading. To answer your question, that is low, and it is low enough to start giving you problems such as hard starting. You are probably going to be replacing the piston and rings at least, quite soon.

After fixing the kickstarter it starts very easy. I may not have done the test right with the bad kicker. I don't think the hpp system is working though. I took the left hpp cover off, revved it, and it didn't move. The governor is confusing as hell! Other than that, things are coming along. I need a new front caliper. I checked and the bracket is the same until 99. So I'm getting a 98 caliper as the plug on the side was seized and I couldn't get it out at all.
After that, forks need rebuilt and new springs. Also some rust dissolving on the left valving. Swingarm and linkage bearings are also needed. Rear shock adjuster is missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caliper and fork boots are ordered and on the way. Hoping stud is drying up well on the lower fork leg! Will report back when it's all here. Going to try and tinker with hpp governor as soon as it warms up. Probably Monday

e7342b8f934fe2a6424bf9898c160991.jpg

Looking a little better than before
fa2ea483c3e935e0334112200b90cfcd.jpg

Anyone know what's going on with my missing adjuster knob? Is the really that bad? Will this screw still adjust?
486fe2c6ef688d944a79013c9d9166f4.jpg

e7342b8f934fe2a6424bf9898c160991.jpg

Looking a little better than before
fa2ea483c3e935e0334112200b90cfcd.jpg

Anyone know what's going on with my missing adjuster knob? Is the really that bad? Will this screw still adjust?
486fe2c6ef688d944a79013c9d9166f4.jpg

The little adjuster knob is almost always gone, it will still adjust but be careful when trying to turn the screw as brass is easily chewed up so make sure your flat driver is a good snug fit before you go for it! :)

The little adjuster knob is almost always gone, it will still adjust but be careful when trying to turn the screw as brass is easily chewed up so make sure your flat driver is a good snug fit before you go for it! :)

It's a Phillips in there right now. It screws in and out. Doesn't have any clicks or anything?

It's a Phillips in there right now. It screws in and out. Doesn't have any clicks or anything?

Ok the Philips screw is not standard and if memory serves me right the click you speak of is caused by a spring mech in the rear of the adjuster knob clicking round on the 2 flat faces at either side of the Phillips screw so the clicks are pretty much just a guide to tell you how many turns or how far you turned it!
Hope this helps
P.s. your reservoir is still available new from Honda or eBay! Not much chance of finding an adjuster knob though :(

It looks like the Phillips screw holds the knob on. I have a shock I can buy with he knob on eBay. I just don't understand how the knob adjusts if it doesn't turn the screw, what does it turn? How hard is it to install? And remember, the 89 shock had the flat head adjuster on it, no knob.