2 Stroke 1988 Honda Cr250r

Got some real foot pegs. Slowly but surely getting stuff done!
59a0d7f480b51be3c7a3e30d7d52197b.jpg

3fd9c82d56a1e87131ecb3d3e801efd1.jpg

It'll take awhile for sure. But, after college I should have the funds for a full restoration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coming soon:
-Compression test
-Reed inspection
-Kickstarter repair
-Carburetor bandaid until pwk swap
-Brake lever love
-repaint worn areas until powder coating

Later:
-full badass restoration
-maybe some updates
- suspension tuning
- neutech tubliss system
- new rims and spokes
- *warp 9 radiators* on closeout sale currently

Compression test read 120psi. What's normal? I have a feeling it's low. It runs decent at best. Dies sometimes and is hard to start. Haven't had any surprise wheelies. All sounds bad. What should it be?

And anyone know a good way to fix this shit?
3ccf42c9ccf7e238267bfd2bda5d9bce.jpg

And wtf?
47651ed80dc96d87230295066ad5131b.jpg

What kind of dumbass would wire that up? It works though. Wtf? I'm wondering about the cdi now. I checked inside the stator cover and no oil. Just was curious. Looks kind "dusty?" though. It also looks like the paint inside there is starting to crack and flake. They did paint in there... right?

Wrong! No paint, get cleaning that crud off! Last thing you need is loose paint in there :thumbsdown:
These are dry stators so there shouldn't be any oil in there!
Pics????
I have however seen a couple with black paint/ PC inside but highly doubt this was factory finish and in your case if it's flakey you should try to remove at least the loose stuff!

Last edited:
Might be but i hope not!
Yes please take pics and post them up before you try removing any flakes!
Light perishing/ oxidisation will be expected on an older casing but not usually bad cracking or flaking but these cases were magnesium and prone to rot on the WP/ clutch side but not so much on the dry side:noidea:
Merry Xmas btw!

Last edited: