2 Stroke '11 250 XC-W setup advice.

A-men brother! :USA: 2 strokes are 130 for a new piston kit, only diffrence is a 4 stoke is 50$ more, but it lasts 3 years practically if you can shift it well. A 2 stroke runs best if you switch it every 1 year, so you do the math

250F-$180
250-$390
To see 2 smoke buried at the track-PRICELESS

hahaha sorry, had to add that last one. Personally I like all bikes, 4 strokes have been proven cheaper in my mind. Sure, you gotta pay for valves and springs but with proper care you can make them last too. So around $550 I think to rebuild the whole top end and valves if you do it yourself, but then again, by this time, your still under.

:devil:
my 200 will do the same amount of hours as a 250mxer....... piston was $110, less than 150 total...... The 250 will need valves about that time too, and cam chain soon after :blah: Entire top ends with valves is over 550 typically too... But ride what you want and carry on....

IMO 2 strokes are like payment plans, top ends sooner but cheaper, with me i have 100-150 every few months so rebuilding a 2t isn't bad but i cant fork over 600 at all unless i sell a bike so the 2t is around the same price but better for low income people like myself. like if your family wants a new couch and the one you want is 600 so you go get it on payment plan for sat 50 a month, you understand what im saying? its basicy 600 now or 100 here and there

That does make sense, roost for you :thumb: Although I have always been a no intrest kind of guy :smirk: