2 Stroke '11 250 XC-W setup advice.

I figured I would give you guys an update.

Last weekend, the starter got toasted because it wouldn't disengauge. So the starter and flywheel are gone. Took it to the dealer today hoping we wouldnt have to argue about the warranty. Ended up, the guys never registered the bike for a warranty, so the 30 day warranty never started. So they are fixing the problem for free. Anyways, we are selling the bike. Anyone interested?
:shocked: Status. Why the sell? Lemon or just not happy with it?

I figured I would give you guys an update.

Last weekend, the starter got toasted because it wouldn't disengauge. So the starter and flywheel are gone. Took it to the dealer today hoping we wouldnt have to argue about the warranty. Ended up, the guys never registered the bike for a warranty, so the 30 day warranty never started. So they are fixing the problem for free. Anyways, we are selling the bike. Anyone interested?

I will be in Tucson 4/14 to pick it up. How does $500 bucks sound for that steaming pile of orange? :devil:

I wonder if that's what Short and Alessi are think? :noidea:

BTW what are you getting to replace it?
HAHAHA. Maybe.

And nothing for now. Maybe an older kx250f if we find a deal, but I am content for now with the 450. The whole reason we got the bike was because of a very nice relative who supports my brother and myself and wants us to keep racing. so we are selling it and giving the money back.

It's like $180 for my bike if I do it myself for a piston kit.
Yea man! Everyone likes 2t bikes because they are cheaper and easier to work on, and yes, they are easier to work on. But all of the 4t bikes we have owned have out-lasted the 2t bikes and have been cheaper every time than the 2t bikes. And now everyone will hate me for saying that, but if any bike had a clear advantange over the others, everyone would have that one bike, but thats not the case. But hey, as long as your on a bike, it's all fun!

A-men brother! :USA: 2 strokes are 130 for a new piston kit, only diffrence is a 4 stoke is 50$ more, but it lasts 3 years practically if you can shift it well. A 2 stroke runs best if you switch it every 1 year, so you do the math

250F-$180
250-$390
To see 2 smoke buried at the track-PRICELESS

hahaha sorry, had to add that last one. Personally I like all bikes, 4 strokes have been proven cheaper in my mind. Sure, you gotta pay for valves and springs but with proper care you can make them last too. So around $550 I think to rebuild the whole top end and valves if you do it yourself, but then again, by this time, your still under.

A-men brother! :USA: 2 strokes are 130 for a new piston kit, only diffrence is a 4 stoke is 50$ more, but it lasts 3 years practically if you can shift it well. A 2 stroke runs best if you switch it every 1 year, so you do the math

250F-$180
250-$390
To see 2 smoke buried at the track-PRICELESS

hahaha sorry, had to add that last one. Personally I like all bikes, 4 strokes have been proven cheaper in my mind. Sure, you gotta pay for valves and springs but with proper care you can make them last too. So around $550 I think to rebuild the whole top end and valves if you do it yourself, but then again, by this time, your still under.

IMO 2 strokes are like payment plans, top ends sooner but cheaper, with me i have 100-150 every few months so rebuilding a 2t isn't bad but i cant fork over 600 at all unless i sell a bike so the 2t is around the same price but better for low income people like myself. like if your family wants a new couch and the one you want is 600 so you go get it on payment plan for sat 50 a month, you understand what im saying? its basicy 600 now or 100 here and there

IMO 2 strokes are like payment plans, top ends sooner but cheaper, with me i have 100-150 every few months so rebuilding a 2t isn't bad but i cant fork over 600 at all unless i sell a bike so the 2t is around the same price but better for low income people like myself. like if your family wants a new couch and the one you want is 600 so you go get it on payment plan for sat 50 a month, you understand what im saying? its basicy 600 now or 100 here and there

makes sense.:ride: