2 Stroke '11 250 XC-W setup advice.

I have broken a carbon guard in the past. Expensive. I now use a aluminum guard from Rocky Mountain that fits "all". I think it was 25 bucks. I've smashed the crap out of that as well as the pipe. Guess I should quit riding the Rock Trail with KTMRACK!
Thank you for the help. The reason why i like the carbon fiber guards is because it doesn't rattle and vibrate loose like metal guards. But the carbon fiber guards are so pricey. I will figure something out.

Great post, I told you they could help you here! They will get you all setup. Get that pipe guard on,spark arrestor, bark busters and get out there and win the AA series this year! :banana:

Thanks again Brandyn for the help last night. I will be working for this season. Already have raced the first 2 races of the series. The AMRA schedule is very weird, it's more of a 10/11 series.

Hyde is a good product, but the US importer is not very customer service oriented. He has been banned from KTMTALK due to his lack of follow up with customers. Nice unit tho if the purchase goes smoothly. Regular pipe guards are OK, carbon not OK. Carbon can be so stiff that it transfers the hit to the motor and breaks the exhaust flange on some KTMs. I run without one at all. I would rather replace a pipe every couple of years than break the motor.
Sweet, thank you for the heads up about the Hyde products.
Man I wish I could help, I never owned a 2 smoke before.

...wait a minute....... It's Mike! Whats happening dude!? It's been awhile!
Hey Rey! It's going for sure... Everything good with you?
Congrats on the new ride. :ride:

Take a look at this article, some of which applies and some which doesn't, but it should give you an idea. :thumb:

https://www.dirtbikeaddicts.com/forum/content/171-new-bike-inspection-prep.html

Thanks James! And thank you for the link, but when we get new bikes, we tear them down to just the engine in the frame. It's amazing that there haven't been huge lawsuits over mechanics not tightening some bolts that have a major roll in holding the bike together, for example, Pinch bolts on the forks.

Thanks again to all who commented. It is very nice to have a close group of riders on here that all respect each other (for the most part) and we can all relax and talk about stuff on here. :thumb:
I will make sure to post up some pics of the bike as soon as I get the bike.