250F 05 CRF250R Hot Start Famn Ducking Piece of tit Sucking Honda.

I have this kind of odd relationship with mine: I don't really like it. Yet I keep it. Got everything to make it an E button bike, but man I just CANNOT get motivated to do it or touch it with a wrench.

I have this kind of odd relationship with mine: I don't really like it. Yet I keep it. Got everything to make it an E button bike, but man I just CANNOT get motivated to do it or touch it with a wrench.

I’ve never been able to keep a Honda race motor together longer than a week. Couldn’t keep cranks in my cr60’ to save my life. Moved to zook in 83-84 never a problem. Tried the yammi in 85 couldn’t get it to corner.
86 the kx125 was king of the hill but also would not turn. In 89 it was back to zook and never looked back.
Don’t know why I told you that short piece of history.

I don't have reliability issues with any of the two strokes and the xl/xr's were as reliable as you could expect your own buildups to be. high 40 low 50 hp xr500's were expected to be short fused. I haven't put one (crf250) together as a stocker yet, but it seems that all the parts in the engines were built as light as possible, which has an obvious advantage, but material selection etc makes them shorter than some others. Kaw and Suzuki seemed to learn after their first 250f's but Honda for all I know still has not changed their approach. In my case, I don't even like riding this one as much as I expected I would.

mines dead, I fucked up. Selling the whole thing for $800, to me $800 towards my education is more appealing than yet another motorcycle considering I pretty much only ride the yz. I had an old beat to shit xr250r for a while that I dug out of the back of a motorhome, it was beyond done, needed valves and had a cracked head but she still ran for a solid 1-1.5 years before I sold it. I would still like a XR250/400 as I feel like they were a step above the taiwanese ttr230/crf230

Last edited:
I would still like a XR250/400 as I feel like they were a step above the taiwanese ttr230/crf230

What's up with the Taiwan thing? Is it the whole bike or just the motor, just some of the years, or all of them?
I know somebody who just got into dirt biking last year and bought a ttr, now he believes he's an expert......by the way he's the same douche that went from best friend to marrying my ex a dozen years ago, give me some good shit to knock the little hook nosed bastard down a couple rungs.

Honestly, I think the xr200 that I am going to put together this winter will get more use by me than the crf250. my old yz with a rekluse clutch is actually very good for the trail riding and sand that I do. I either want a KTM 150 or a later model yz125 to bigbore more than I want my crf/crfx hybrid.

What's up with the Taiwan thing? Is it the whole bike or just the motor, just some of the years, or all of them?
I know somebody who just got into dirt biking last year and bought a ttr, now he believes he's an expert......by the way he's the same douche that went from best friend to marrying my ex a dozen years ago, give me some good shit to knock the little hook nosed bastard down a couple rungs.
You don't get to talk shit until you've done 90+ in the dirt

You don't get to talk shit until you've done 90+ up a ramp

robbie-maddison_650x487_51443166870.jpg

Honda for all I know still has not changed their approach
I have a friend who's a put away dirty kind of guy, shows up for ride day straight out of the truck with leaky fork seals no front brakes half flat tires and last rides dirt caked on. He changes the oil and air filter "every once in a while" and has never been in the motor. Sole owner of a '10 crf250r and damn thing lights up with a single half hearted kick and has to have almost 200 hours. I gave him a shopping list and tell him she's gonna blow we'd better get in there, but he keeps unloading that thing as is, and sumbich runs like a top. That was part of the reason I felt good about buying my '10.