250F 05 CRF250R Hot Start Famn Ducking Piece of tit Sucking Honda.

Ok, I figured out why the cable seemed too short, I am a dumbass.
There is a 90* elbow where it meets the carb inside a dust boot, one end goes over the end of the cable sheath the other slides into the plastic nut, it was in backwards :picard:

But, the bike won't run at all right now, I'm guessing dirt got in the carb. Cleaned it, didn't finish re-assembly tonight.

Dirt Bike carb is harder to remove than domestic v8 carb :/
Shew that was a close one. I just knew a CRF250 didn't have a problem. I thought i was going to have to band you.

Ok, I figured out why the cable seemed too short, I am a dumbass.
There is a 90* elbow where it meets the carb inside a dust boot, one end goes over the end of the cable sheath the other slides into the plastic nut, it was in backwards :picard:

But, the bike won't run at all right now, I'm guessing dirt got in the carb. Cleaned it, didn't finish re-assembly tonight.

Dirt Bike carb is harder to remove than domestic v8 carb :/
The Dumbass variable......I'm familiar with that.

Ok, I cleaned the carb, after lots of kicking it will fire and kinda run, with no choke or throttle but it pops pretty bad.

any ideas?'

I might be placing an order for numbers for the WR if this keeps up.

i guess i would still be looking for an air leak or a wire that i disconnected while i had the carburetor off. just like the elbow on the cable it is going to make you want to slap your head when you find it. cable adjusted right? grasping here.

according to the manual the fuel screw is currently off by 3/4 of a turn, I moved it last night while adjusting the carb I guess. Pretty doubtful that its the root cause though.
I was also told to double check the spark plug, so I'll try that too, but tonight, I just don't have any desire to work on it.

Ok, I turned the fuel screw in where its suppoused to be, I got the wrong spec when I looked on line, it was off by 3/4 of a turn according to the manuals suggested spec for my altitude and temperature.
I also pulled the spark plug, it was wet.
As it turns out, BRO250R's get their awesome power from a ultra special spark plug that runs you $32.