250F 05 CRF250R Hot Start Famn Ducking Piece of tit Sucking Honda.

Are you sure its a cable issue ?
yes.

thats why I've pretty much decided it has to go.

I did a little bit of digging around and found a supermoto site where someone did a cable elimination on a 450 from the same era. I got this part # (SKU 021-738) and went to http://www.jetsrus.com/carburetor/carb_keihin_FCR-MX_carb_exploded_view_parts.html where they have a plunger listed for the FCR MX37 (really common carb) and ordered the plunger.

It should fit. We will see when it gets here, if it does, I'll simply change clutch perches to a ez-pull or the like.

yes.

thats why I've pretty much decided it has to go.

I did a little bit of digging around and found a supermoto site where someone did a cable elimination on a 450 from the same era. I got this part # (SKU 021-738) and went to http://www.jetsrus.com/carburetor/carb_keihin_FCR-MX_carb_exploded_view_parts.html where they have a plunger listed for the FCR MX37 (really common carb) and ordered the plunger.

It should fit. We will see when it gets here, if it does, I'll simply change clutch perches to a ez-pull or the like.
Huh....it's just weird though you have to go that route....as long as you make it functional I guess it doesn't matter how you do it, but I'd sure like to know why you had the problem with the replacement cable....so if you don't resolve your problem, are you gonna switch to a 1 kick, no compression release, reliable, easy to work on, and cheap to maintain 2 stroke?

Huh....it's just weird though you have to go that route....as long as you make it functional I guess it doesn't matter how you do it, but I'd sure like to know why you had the problem with the replacement cable....so if you don't resolve your problem, are you gonna switch to a 1 kick, no compression release, reliable, easy to work on, and cheap to maintain 2 stroke?
12_450_Enduro_Shootout-14.jpg

Ok, I figured out why the cable seemed too short, I am a dumbass.
There is a 90* elbow where it meets the carb inside a dust boot, one end goes over the end of the cable sheath the other slides into the plastic nut, it was in backwards :picard:

But, the bike won't run at all right now, I'm guessing dirt got in the carb. Cleaned it, didn't finish re-assembly tonight.

Dirt Bike carb is harder to remove than domestic v8 carb :/